• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Did I just waste money for Android export?

A

AtLantiSs

Followed TONS of steps and did them and I cant get my game onto my android. Can somebody PLEASE explain how I can use this 💩💩💩💩

C

CedSharp

The official guide on how to setup android ( the one I followed and which worked perfectly for me ) is the following: guide

A

AtLantiSs

doesnt work. I followed everything, and what the **** is a phone driver? How the hell do I access all this extra **** -_-

MOD EDIT: We have a swear filter on the forum for a reason, so please do not try to work around it. Also please try to keep your tone civil and polite.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CedSharp

1. Make sure you have java 32-bit version installed. ( by default if you have a x64 machine it installs 64bit java, so make sure to show all downloads and pick 32bit )
2. Install android SDK and make sure to install exactly what it tells you to install.
3. Finally install android NDK

Some mobiles don't work right away on the computers, they don't let you access them "like a usb key".
So you need to enable developper mode on your mobile and allow USB debugging. ( how you do it depends on the phone/mobile you have, check online for your specify brand )
After doing this, sometimes the computer still won't recognize the mobile, in such case you need some special phone drivers.
Just do a quick search for your specific mobile brand with drivers.

Finally, once your phone is connected to GameMaker, you can setup gamemaker for android ( in settings, like the guide tells you )
Then it's as simple as running the game, it will automatically be installed on your device and you can test :p

R

renex

This should be automatic for select brands, but in case it wasn't... try using this.

upload_2016-9-28_23-44-15.png

Launch device manager and locate your phone. Select to update the driver, and navigate to this folder. Select the Composite ADB interface driver.

Run adb devices and you should see this, with your phone's identifier and "unauthorized".

upload_2016-9-28_23-48-9.png

A prompt should show up on the phone. Accept it, and your ADB connection is set up. From this point on you can run directly to the device from Studio as long as it's on cable.

Llama_Code

Also be aware that some mobiles have a special USB mode for the given provider, Verizon does this in the US for example, it has a special USB mode that installs Verizon software your PC to manage your phone with, and it defaults to this every time you plug in your phone so you have to check the notification area and change it.

Also check the manufacturer website for up to date drivers. Sometimes the default ones are out if date and won't work correctly anymore.

K

Koolmeister

Have you unlocked the developer options on the device you're using to test your game on.

Sabnock

I've had issues as well, followed the guide but when I come to compile it says I'm missing a file.

I have reformatted my computer this week so will give it another go but am automated process would be very beneficial :)

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
You can't automate this, most of the issue is down to USB drivers for your phones and tablets, and these are manufacturer dependent. Sometimes you can use the google ones, but most of the time you need the proper drivers so ADB works. This is totally outside of our control.

The docs should cover everything else.

Sabnock

Finally got it working and now have my games on my phone.

Now I just need to rewrite my control system for touch screen. I'm very chuffed.

it does seem to be a huge effort top install all the NDK, SDK and java though you'd think in this day and age it would be much simpler.