Roa needs a haircut

Roa

Ok, so before I turn into a wookie, I need to get a mop chop. I'm stylistically inept, and an adult with no grooming manner, so I'm open to suggestions of all kinds. I have fine, thin hair and a partially receding hairline. I can't look like a tramp anymore lol

Pic related. Its OP

Alvare

Shave the side and back of your hair to fade. No hair covering the ears. Keep the top half long. Not too short, not too long so it's just enough to be able to do stuff with it.
You can use wax to create a out of bed look, which is actually my preference, 'cause it looks cool, especially with beard. Or gel to have it turn to either one side for a more formal look, which should work too since you don't seem to have much of a beard.

Reactions: Law
L

Law

You look like a medieval peasant, seriously, that haircut screams "bubonic plague". One option is to shave the sides short keep the top long as use a fringe to cover the receding hairline, but frankly, given how thin and wispy your hair looks, I might even suggest you just shave it off, being bald is perfectly socially acceptable and if you're young and suffering from baldness already that will only get worse than it might be the way to go. Also, shave. Your facial hair isn't thick enough for a beard, don't kid yourself.

And put on a shirt.

Roa

Not naked, I just didnt have a shirt, I noramlly dont, but I just got done messing with my hair in the water and didnt really think about it before taking the pic lol. It's just shoulders lol. I can try again later with a different pic later if its an issue. I truelly didnt even think about it though. Thats just me in my daily life, in my normal setting.

I've thought about shaving the sides a bit, going with a modern style, but idk how it would work out. I like the bedhead look, but its hard to keep it managealbe and as noticed, my hair is very fine, making stylizing it very hard.

L

Law

Dammit man if you want help with your hair don't take a pic after messing around with it in water. :p

I didn't realize the other pic posted in this topic was actually you. That hair looks fine, I'd still cut it shorter and maybe give it a comb because it's a bit messy. As long as you make sure your hair doesn't look like the first pic you're great. : P

Reactions: Roa

Roa

Lol interesting choice of thread tags @Roa Goblin Town. :3
I was originally going to use "drain clog" and something else gross that I cant remember all the sudden lol.

Dammit man if you want help with your hair don't take a pic after messing around with it in water. :p

I didn't realize the other pic posted in this topic was actually you. That hair looks fine, I'd still cut it shorter and maybe give it a comb because it's a bit messy. As long as you make sure your hair doesn't look like the first pic you're great. : P
I soaked it with a brush to get all the tangles out, but it didn't stay that way very long, but yeah, I was thinking of fixing my hair up like that again. A little less wild.

I dont remember how he got that pic , but I hope its only that one. There are some pics in some of the galleries there that shouldn't be shared :rolleyes: :p

God, @Roa is hot <3
I used to be a total pretty boy, but years of sitting in front of a screen with unchecked health and not working out, and now I'm monster mash doing the grave yard smash. lmao I'm like the pastiest white kid ever.

It's looking thin, roa. Time to man up and get a buzzcut. It's scary, but you'll look much better. Thin hair is sickly looking. Buzzcuts are manly and tough looking. Take the plunge, and never look back. Your face is good. Buy yourself a stick to beat the girls off of you, and head to the barber, haha! ;D

Don't listen to these other nerds. They're all a bunch of comb-over enablers. Long thinning hair only looks good from certain angles, under perfect conditions. Don't be taken in by their sweet, comforting lies. You know what must be done. Cut it down to a few inches first if you're worried, and go from there. Good luck, soldier. ' ' 7

Last edited:

Jabbers

It's looking thin, roa. Time to man up and get a buzzcut. [.....]
Don't listen to these other nerds. They're all a bunch of comb-over enablers. Long thinning hair only looks good from certain angles, under perfect conditions.
Long thin hair doesn't look good in any angle imo. It also looks like the thinning is too far gone to keep it longer on the upper sides and back of the head and comb it forward to compensate (looks like he did that in the old photo).

I agree with keeping it short on the sides and the top (with a bit of length on the top compared to the sides). If that ends up looking patchy, maybe getting rid of it all is the best option, but it doesn't make sense to do that straight way if you are experimenting.

L

Law

maybe getting rid of it all is the best option, but it doesn't make sense to do that straight way if you are experimenting.
TBH when you're talking about changing your appearance, it's really either a drastic change or no change. A subtle adjustment of styling just doesn't stick, you're so used to your old appearance you slip back into it. A big change is required. This applies to lifestyle choices as well.

Jabbers

TBH when you're talking about changing your appearance, it's really either a drastic change or no change. A subtle adjustment of styling just doesn't stick, you're so used to your old appearance you slip back into it. A big change is required. This applies to lifestyle choices as well.
I don't think the two are the same. Shaving it off is as good as having no hair. You should at least try a shorter style if you have longer hair to work with, especially if it is thinning, because shorter styles are more forgiving for hair that is losing volume. The change is still dramatic, it doesn't have to be all or everything at this point (although if he continues to bald he'll have no choice anyway, so even more reason to see what works now while he still can).