• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Animate parameter for particle systems

I

Ian

Trying to decide on how i want to make fire and have 2 methods.

One of them i used in unity and i take an animated fire like this (also with maybe a few versions):

and the PS will handle the rest but confused on 'part_type_sprite(ind, sprite, animate, stretch, random);'
Once set the boolean to true how do you control the speed it runs through the images? Tried image_speed & lifetime alterations.

obscene

The animation will be stretched over the life of the particle, so if the particle has a life of 60 and your animation had 4 subimates, each would last 15 steps.

There's not really a good way to make a looping particle animation so if you need that just use an object.

I

Ian

The animation will be stretched over the life of the particle, so if the particle has a life of 60 and your animation had 4 subimates, each would last 15 steps.

There's not really a good way to make a looping particle animation so if you need that just use an object.
Yeah thats what i read in the Docs but still nothing, its alright this method is cost effective and less static: