• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Duelyst inspired game, help?

D

DarkHorse

Hi, I am a beginner to intermediate GMS user. For some time now I have been working on a 2d fighting game utilizing the state machine approach.
To keep things fresh and also to learn from other projects, I have decided to make a Duelyst inspired, turn based grid battle game.
I am still brainstorming and playing around with ideas.

For now I'm going with the name "Demon Forge".
The field setup is similar to Duelyst, yet at the top of the playing field is the Demon Forge. An artifact that grants the player and enemy in turn certain powers, upgrades etc to help turn the tide of battle.
Instead of cards that activate abilities in characters, the Demon Forge acts as a sort of referee-guardian type aspect to the game.

Factions include Demons, Angels and Spider-like beings for now.

If you have any ideas you would like to share with regards to my game, ie "that would be cool to see" or "how about this" I'd be most grateful;). If not, that's also fine.