• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Andoid Export Error

D

Dogusdgs

Hey guys when i try to create apk i get this error how can i fix that

Execution failed for task ':com.Dogus.Ucak:validateReleaseSigning'.
> Keystore file C:\Users\Do?u?\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\Key.keystore not found for signing config 'release'.

P

PlayLight

Is this a new keystore or are you trying to import a keystore you already have?

For a new keystore, fill in the keystore details as described by the GM:S docs:

Name: This is the name of the KeyStore file. Note: This is not your name or the company name, but the name of the file to be generated!
Password: Your security password for the KeyStore file which must be at least six characters long.
Alias: This is another name that can be used for the KeyStore file and should be different to the name entered above.
Password: The password for the alias file. Should be the same as the Name password.
Common Name: This would normally be your name.
Organisational Unit: The department within the company that you are a part of.
Organisation: The name of your company.
Country: The standard two letter code for the country where you are based.

Then click on generate to create the keystore file.
(Always keep a backup of this file and the keystore details)
If you are not sure on what to enter in a field, let us know so we can help you.

If you are importing a keystore file:

Browse for or enter the location of the keystore under 'Private Keystore File', then enter the details of this existing keystore and click OK. DO NOT click Generate in this instance.

D

Dogusdgs

Is this a new keystore or are you trying to import a keystore you already have?

For a new keystore, fill in the keystore details as described by the GM:S docs:

Name: This is the name of the KeyStore file. Note: This is not your name or the company name, but the name of the file to be generated!
Password: Your security password for the KeyStore file which must be at least six characters long.
Alias: This is another name that can be used for the KeyStore file and should be different to the name entered above.
Password: The password for the alias file. Should be the same as the Name password.
Common Name: This would normally be your name.
Organisational Unit: The department within the company that you are a part of.
Organisation: The name of your company.
Country: The standard two letter code for the country where you are based.

Then click on generate to create the keystore file.
(Always keep a backup of this file and the keystore details)
If you are not sure on what to enter in a field, let us know so we can help you.

If you are importing a keystore file:

Browse for or enter the location of the keystore under 'Private Keystore File', then enter the details of this existing keystore and click OK. DO NOT click Generate in this instance.
I did everything like that but still this error I do not know what I did wrong is there a something to select release ?

R

RATInteractive

Hey guys when i try to create apk i get this error how can i fix that

Execution failed for task ':com.Dogus.Ucak:validateReleaseSigning'.
> Keystore file C:\Users\Do?u?\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\Key.keystore not found for signing config 'release'.
Once you post an app, backup that key for good. otherwise if you lose it your apps cannot be updated

P

PlayLight

edit. @Dogusdgs
Before you do the below, can you copy your keystore to 'C:\temp' and point GM:S >> Preferences >> Android > Keystore to that file?
(you have non-ASCII characters in your Windows Username, but this really shouldn't be an issue at all. so testing the above will at least let us know if that is the issue here)

I might get you to put this through the HelpDesk.
Let them know the full path to your keystore, and that the compiler is having trouble with this path string.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gabriel Loçasso

I'm having the same problem! could someone managed to solve this?

G

Gabriel Loçasso

I'm guessing your path has your surname in it, so it will be the same issue.
Yeah! That was the problem. I managed to solve that before I returned here, cause I was trying to open a project in Android Studios and it gave me an error abou my user with the Ç, it couldn't read this, then I realized it could be the same problem in GameMaker and it was! Now I have to change the name of my user folder so I don't get more errors like this in the future. Thanks anyway!