• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Game compiles for html5 but doesn't start

S

Skrzelik

I'm quite new to this community and gamemaker itself but I've noticed something weird.
The game compiles perfectly on windows and it also worked without problems for html but today I made some progress on the game, tweaked some things and again it compiles perfectly on Windows target. When I'm trying to compile it for html5 it goes without errors, I see the loading bar in browser but then I get black screen and the game doesn't start.
I tried compiling copy of the game from earlier and some tutorial games and they work just fine.

Any ideas ?

J

jackhigh24

then you may have missed something that is not in the older one, so i would load the older one up and import one bit at a time from the new one and see when it stops working, or delete the games folder of the new one from the game maker cache folder as that might be the problem, try that one first before doing the import one.

S

Skrzelik

then you may have missed something that is not in the older one, so i would load the older one up and import one bit at a time from the new one and see when it stops working, or delete the games folder of the new one from the game maker cache folder as that might be the problem, try that one first before doing the import one.
Yea I've just done that and I think I found a solution. Basicly I added a condition so the objects doesn't on top another and since the screen size on windows is set to 1280:720 it was fine, but when compiling to html the screen size must have gotten smaller and the game was stuck in infinite loop trying to pick a good spot.

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
Make sure you test with HTML5 first and often. It's the most prone to break, so it should be your primary target when testing.

Coded Games

Also make sure to check the console of the browser your using for any error messages. They won't explain the issue as clearly as GM's error messages but they might give some sort of hint at what is going wrong.