• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Harvest Moon+Platformer, was there a game like this?

F

FallFlat

I found some platformer with wood cutting, digging ground trying to find the earth core , fishing. But never found the one that the player can sow the land then planting seed. Or can keep animal, feeding them then collect their products on the next day.
The game with top down view like Stardew Valley is not a platformer so i overlooked it. If you know a platformer/side scroller with farm simulation elements, please enlighten me.

Reactions: Yal
F

FallFlat

@Chim This game looks really good.

@Barvix I see. Making something that does not already exist is somewhat challenging.

Thank you both.

Genetix

Making something that doesn't exist is a pretty damn good idea - although it really will depend on how it is made, changing the perspective alone won't make it an entirely new kind of game.

Genetix

I do have to say, the idea is pretty interesting - i'm already picturing ways that it would work in my head. I imagine to an extent that you will need to have destructible terrain - the player can dig into. Probably could have a cool Rain mechanic where rain would fall and could accumulate into bodies of water. You could also build a piping system under ground below your crops.... There are a lot of things you could do that top down based games don't work as well with!

D

Deleted member 467

I do have to say, the idea is pretty interesting - i'm already picturing ways that it would work in my head. I imagine to an extent that you will need to have destructible terrain - the player can dig into. Probably could have a cool Rain mechanic where rain would fall and could accumulate into bodies of water. You could also build a piping system under ground below your crops.... There are a lot of things you could do that top down based games don't work as well with!
So like Terraria but you can plant stuff and rain does more than summon more slimes?

RangerX

It appears to me that Terraria, Junk Jack and their clones are the closest games to your ideas. Focusing on farming and ressource gathering with the Terraria frame/model and remove most fighting could be an amazing game I would totally play.