Demo God-Sent Killer: Sun Man (Prototype) [DEMO AVAILABLE!]

Y

Yacob

"Claims by most of witnesses of the brutal and very
personal murders claim that our suspect, "Sun Man",
disappears in a large, blinding flash of light, as if
the sun appears right behind him..."

God-sent Killer: SUN MAN is a game I have been working on for a long time now.
I started during September last year when I got Game maker Studio from the Humble Bundle deal. GSK was initially meant to be a simple, text-and-picture-driven game for windows or mobile to tell the prelude to a game I am currently working on but since gaining inspiration from getting Game Maker Studio, I decided to mke it a full-fledged game :D

What is the game like?:

The game is going to be a Psychological Murder Mystery point and click game where the player has to pay attention to detail, to the news, messages, calls, unearth mysteries of this long-standing serial killer case while avoiding getting murdered by foes ranging from professional assassins to killers disguised as civilians and so forth.

Video: (Keep in mind that the game has changed a bit from what is depicted)

I would really appreciate your feedback :D
The prototype will include the chapter "#00 Rising SUN -(朝日)".ASAHI BANNER.png

SCREENSHOTS:
scr one.png scr three.png scr fiveu.png scr six.png
The playable Demo/Prototype is coming in a few days, stay put!

BLang

I don't know why, but the simplistic minimal graphics are very appealing to me. Good layout and colour choices as well, everything is very readable and it's really easy to tell who's talking and stuff. I know this sounds like a weird point to praise you upon, but I've seen quite a couple text based games where the text was hard to read, the colours were clashing, or it was really hard to decipher what character was saying what. So good on ya!

The story itself sounds interesting, I'm a big fan of murder mystery stories myself. I'll definitely keep my eye on this one!

Y

Yacob

Thanks!! ^^ Good to know that this project has at least one fan!

Y

Yacob

THE DEMO IS OUT!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ehnwf3gi7m1gik/gsk prototype demo 1.exe?dl=0

For windows! :D

This demo was made in such short notice because my laptop is dying and I have to replace it, so nothing is final yet. this is just to give you, the player, an idea of how the game plays!

PLEASE: Leave feedback! Let me know what you like, dislike, what I can do better, glitches, problems (like high memory usage, etc)!

The controls are simple. If the cursor is present, left click to select.
Otherwise, d-pad on keyboard for up and down and spacebar to select or to scroll through text.

Thank you and please enjoy!

BLang

Sorry it took this long for me to finally get to playing this. I played it for a bit, got to the point where I could look around the crime scene, but I couldn't get past there. Took out my phone, checked that out, didn't lead far either. It was a bit hard to figure out how to get out of the phone screen, you might wanna make that a bit more obvious.

The graphics are still really cool to me, they have a very Japanese visual novel vibe, but with a bit of a dark, gritty, realistic twist. I can really appreciate the attention to detail in that area.

Can't really comment much on the gameplay, other than that I didn't encounter any bugs. The menus feel responsive and I didn't really find myself confused at any point.

The story still really intrigues me, and the little added bit that you uncovered in this new demo was cool.

I did notice this time around that there's a couple spelling errors, uncapitalized sentences and stuff like that. Might wanna polish those up a bit ;)

All in all, this is looking like it's gonna shape up to be pretty awesome. Waiting patiently for the next demo. It's a shame more people aren't paying attention!

Y

Yacob

Heya! Thanks for playing it! :D and yeah, there would of been so much more had it not been for my laptop failing :(

Can you inbox with some of the errors?

BLang

Will do later today!

EDIT: Hmm, I just went through it again and I didn't find any this time... Maybe I misread it the first time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Y

Yacob

A minor graphical update on the game! = )
Also: Saving and loading is finished. all that is left is the inventory.
See y'all soon!