• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Can't export to Android

M

Meowmere

I tried exporting to Android/Fire and (yyc) both provide me with a new error, right now it's at a standstill of missing build tools, like version 2.0.3 or something like that. I downloaded as many APIs as I could, which was... 1-13 and the 3 newest ones, please help! Thanks!

> failed to find Build Tools revision 23.0.1 (NON-YYC)

M

Meowmere

I changed it to 23.0.3 It said the same thing, I got the tools for that version, I get (LONG)
> Could not find com.android.support:support-v4:23.0.3.
Searched in the following locations:
https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/support/support-v4/23.0.3/support-v4-23.0.3.pom
https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/support/support-v4/23.0.3/support-v4-23.0.3.jar
file:/C:/Users/Trent/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/android/m2repository/com/android/support/support-v4/23.0.3/support-v4-23.0.3.pom
file:/C:/Users/Trent/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/android/m2repository/com/android/support/support-v4/23.0.3/support-v4-23.0.3.jar
file:/C:/Users/Trent/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/google/m2repository/com/android/support/support-v4/23.0.3/support-v4-23.0.3.pom
file:/C:/Users/Trent/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/google/m2repository/com/android/support/support-v4/23.0.3/support-v4-23.0.3.jar
Required by:
:com.meowmere.game:unspecified
I tried it with 32x and 64x versions of the NDK, no difference

M

Meowmere

I also tried switching the API to the original one, which I believe was 23.0.1, I now get this

Observed package id 'add-ons;addon-google_apis-google-23' in inconsistent location 'C:\Users\Trent\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\add-ons\addon-google_apis-google-23-1' (Expected 'C:\Users\Trent\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\add-ons\addon-google_apis-google-23')
Already observed package id 'add-ons;addon-google_apis-google-23' in 'C:\Users\Trent\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\add-ons\addon-google_apis-google-23'. Skipping duplicate at 'C:\Users\Trent\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\add-ons\addon-google_apis-google-23-1'
Incremental java compilation is an incubating feature.
:com.meowmere.game:preBuild UP-TO-DATE
:com.meowmere.game:preReleaseBuild UP-TO-DATE
:com.meowmere.game:checkReleaseManifest
:com.meowmere.game:preDebugBuild UP-TO-DATE
:com.meowmere.game:prepareComAndroidSupportMultidex101Library
:com.meowmere.game:prepareComAndroidSupportSupportV42301Library
:com.meowmere.game:prepareReleaseDependencies
:com.meowmere.game:compileReleaseAidl
:com.meowmere.game:compileReleaseRenderscript
:com.meowmere.game:generateReleaseBuildConfig
:com.meowmere.game:mergeReleaseShaders
:com.meowmere.game:compileReleaseShaders
:com.meowmere.game:generateReleaseAssets
:com.meowmere.game:mergeReleaseAssets
:com.meowmere.game:generateReleaseResValues
:com.meowmere.game:generateReleaseResources
:com.meowmere.game:mergeReleaseResources
Z:\com.meowmere.game\src\main\res\values\strings.xml:3:35: Error: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
:com.meowmere.game:mergeReleaseResources FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.meowmere.game:mergeReleaseResources'.
> Z:\com.meowmere.game\src\main\res\values\strings.xml:3:35: Error: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.

M

Meowmere

My bad about the second reply, it was due to the name of my game, which had <3<3<3 for no reason.