• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM GMS (Beta) Version 1.4.1760

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
http://store.yoyogames.com/downloads/gm-studio/GMStudio-Installer-1.4.1760.exe

Release notes

This topic is for the discussion of issues relating to the update 1.4.1760 of GameMaker: Studio. However, this does not replace our normal bug reporting system and you should report all bugs as normal using http://www.yoyogames.com/support/bug if you do not have direct Mantis access.

You should post here if:
  • You think you have found a bug and have exhausted all other possibilities (ie: code error, incorrect setup, etc...)
  • Something has changed between the previous version and this one, breaking your game (ie: code that worked previously now does not)
  • Something reported as fixed in the release notes is not actually fixed
  • You are having IDE or system issues related to something new in this update
  • You are having issues with new features introduced in this version
  • You are having issues updating to this version
  • Everything works and you want to tell us we are great (seriously, let us know if it all works correctly for you)
When reporting issues, please try to add as much information as possible, for example:
  • If the issue is with the IDE, then please give a screenshot if you can to help illustrate the problem
  • If there are error windows, then a link to the "traceIDE.log" file found in the roaming appdata folder for GMS
  • If it is a code issue, then link to or attach a GMZ showing the most basic project possible which exhibits the behaviour
  • If the issue is with the installer or updater, please ensure you attach your %localappdata%\[Studio or Studio Early Access]\trace.log along with any trace .zip files in that folder.
  • If you receive any error dialogues, please screenshot them.
  • If it is a system issue (like compiling to a specific target) then please provide details of the PC being used as well as the software versions involved
Note that each new version released the old topic will be locked and a new topic will be made, so that all issues reported can be tracked correctly on a per-version basis. If you think your issue has not been fixed in the subsequent update, then please add a comment in the thread and ensure you file a bug report. (Please don’t continue doing this for every future release until your bug is fixed - just file the report and then you can leave off mentioning it in the thread).

Again: posting a comment in these release threads is not a replacement for filing a bug!

J

jackhigh24

i cant test this version so if someone else can test
  • Fixed deferred resource tree thumbnail generation so it starts generating thumbnails again
to see if the very last sprite in your resource tree is generating without you needing to hover over it, as thats the only way it has shown up for a few versions.

EDIT
  • Added a new Preference for the Java heap size used for Android builds with many/large extensions
  • NOTE: If you're using a lot of extensions and so require the larger heap size you will need to use 64bit JDK
shouldn't that also state you need a 64 bit OS as well.

EDIT
@rmanthorp i also dont see any reference to the new functions sprite_flush and background_flush in the release notes ?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

joakimFF

Is the bug that causes audio to completely stop functioning after an incoming call on iOS on the to do list yet? never heard back from tech support after getting a we will look in to it months ago and now the ticket is just gone for some reason :)

F

FIS_GAMES

Just wanted to know if anyone else was having issues with the game_end(); function since receiving the new update from GMS? Wether I use code or the drag and drop method Gamemaker freezes when I push the quit button i coded in the game.

example:
if keyboard_check_pressed(vk_escape) game_end();

just a note:
in the obj_controller step_event there is no other code except this one.

Jabbers

Anyone else having graphical problems? I seem to have missing sprites and text in views and on draw GUI. My main game view was blacked out for some reason too.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Anyone else having graphical problems? I seem to have missing sprites and text in views and on draw GUI. My main game view was blacked out for some reason too.
Could you send a Helpdesk ticket with a sample project gmz attached, and then we'll investigate. You're the second person to mention this to me today and they have been asked for a sample also. Thanks.

cgPixel

I've installed a new fresh copy of the new GM:Studio version (1.4.1760), but the updater keeps a loop with this error:
http://imgur.com/a/ZQmyt
(I have a valid license for the shown modules, no problems before my fresh upgrade...)
I've completely deinstalled the older version before my fresh install.

Great experience so far ;)

Alvare

Yep me too. Along with some other errors that appeared out of nowhere. That was the main reason I had to un-install and re-install. This is unacceptable and very annoying at the very least.
But I'm seriously furious right now actually. Very amateurish as I've never had an experience like this with any other software.

cgPixel

I can confirm your last error message, got the same "Exception" window.
I'll downgrade to 1.4.1757 again (with the libpng issue).

Alvare

How can I downgrade? Can't even get it to install anymore.. :mad:

EDIT - Ah, seems to have magically solved itself within two minutes. What the heck was going on in the first place? Seems like a huge waste of time for the user of this product.
Textures were corrupted and had 0x0 dimensions. Had to replace them. Why is that happening?

Alvare

Still not solved. Now new problem occurred. Can't drag and drop resources in the IDE.
Nevermind, had to restart and it worked again. Great day man. Omg. xD

D

Diggidy

Having issues with compiling for Android. Getting a ton of these errors

C:/Users/Default/Scripts/gml_Script_scr_uDemoLevels.gml.cpp:2162:65: error: no member named 'GetYYVarRef' in 'CInstanceBase'
YYRValue& sself_uDemoLevels_926F48AC = ((CInstanceBase*)pSelf)->GetYYVarRef(kVARID_self_uDemoLevels);

R

renex

Android building is completely busted.

I have made a Mantis entry for it.

R

renex

Updating build tools to 24.0.2 and doing the apache gradle injection did the trick for me.

I've updated the Mantis entry.

D

Diggidy

The errors start after "Build for architecture - armv5"

Another note I should add is, the errors only show-up when compiling with Android/Fire YYC. I can compile with Android /Fire but the game will crash after the splash screen.

Had to go back to 1.4.1757, which doesnt really help because of the Google submission/security issue with the libPNG in all versions prior to 1.4.1760 GameMaker: Studio

A

Arturo

Well, I've successfully built an APK of my game.

Everything runs fine except when I try to login on Facebook which causes my app to close abruptly.

The same result with Facebook Demo present in Demo repository

Facebook extension is updated to last version (unchanged after beta 1760 was released)

Please fix this.

Apart from that, good job!

D

Diggidy

I can get it to compile now but it immediately crashes after.

T

Toppu

Can be done libPNG v1.4.19 in 1757 version and close this issue, which lasts from June?
1760 with a large number of errors.
^ ^ ^ Hear, hear! That's how this issue should have been solved, long time ago.

We have been told by GSM staff for months that the libpng fix will come long before the deadline, but now there are less than two weeks remaining and it's still as distant as ever. Unity and all other development platforms who had the same libpng issue have fixed it almost instantly. GMS is the only one which still didn't. Instead of releasing a simple libpng update to 1757 and then continuing to work on other updates, GSM have been procrastinating for months, and now we have nothing apart from the buggy EA and yet more buggy Beta which crash randomly and produce all sorts of errors, and can't be used for publishing.

It's really frustrating. Can we please finally have a simple libpng update for Android module for 1757, and then GMS staff can continue working on 1760 for as long as they want, whether it will take them weeks or months? We have just two weeks remaining until the GP deadline, and if there is no stable version released by that time (I'm almost sure already there won't be), it will be a true disaster for all GMS mobile developers. The EA and the Beta are outright broken and unusable.

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
Game maker used to "update" itself when I would change the .project.gmx file using some tools I made. That unfortunately no longer works and I have to close game maker, run the tool, and open it up again. Costs me some time...

D

Diggidy

I got 1760 working. My issue was, I didnt properly setup the Google Play Store side (Google Play Services).

J

joakimFF

"Changed the IDE to defer the creation of resource tree icons until after a project is loaded - speeds up project loads"

I cant say I like this change, I cant notice any difference in startup speed, it also takes ages before the sprites show up in the resource tree, and until they are all loaded I cant use the room editor as nothing shows up inside the rooms. granted I have thousands of sprites / backgrounds / rooms, still I liked the old way better. just my 2 cents :)

B

Big_Macca_101

Has anyone else been experiencing any issues with trying to test and distribute a build on Linux?

After upgrading GameMaker, the VM i was previously using won't run the game but GameMaker can detect that it is there and send the resources through with no issues.

Alvare

Gamemaker studio has a bug you can easily reproduce. I have tiles of objects in my room editor that are turned with the angle from there. Open the path editor, set background as room and try to scroll around it's view.
All the turned objects in the path editor aren't correctly drawn.

T

ThunkGames

There is an issue with the macro editor. Pasting stuff into the value field causes the value filed to appear blank.

B

BlueSlime

HTML5 exported game just shows a black screen now after this update =/

also, winphone8 YYC and non YYC export is also not working

says something about MockIAPlib.dll being used in another process and won't compile

gnysek

My issues:

- When I start GM:S, it takes about 90 seconds to show "Welcome" form
- "Use fast collision system" in GGS is undocumented
- thumbnails for sprites/objects aren't generated at all (or at least if project is changed outside of GM:S and IDE reloads project itself)

Last edited:
J

joakimFF

Am I the only one that cant get ios devices to respect the rotation options, if I tick landscape in GM:S it still rotates to portrait. made sure landscape is only checked in xcode as well.

B

BlueSlime

HTML5 exported game just shows a black screen now after this update =/

also, winphone8 YYC and non YYC export is also not working

says something about MockIAPlib.dll being used in another process and won't compile

and android apk won't compile unless I deselect use Lint Code analysis...then it works.

Rushad

We have been told by GSM staff for months that the libpng fix will come long before the deadline, but now there are less than two weeks remaining and it's still as distant as ever. Unity and all other development platforms who had the same libpng issue have fixed it almost instantly. GMS is the only one which still didn't. Instead of releasing a simple libpng update to 1757 and then continuing to work on other updates, GSM have been procrastinating for months, and now we have nothing apart from the buggy EA and yet more buggy Beta which crash randomly and produce all sorts of errors, and can't be used for publishing.

It's really frustrating. Can we please finally have a simple libpng update for Android module for 1757, and then GMS staff can continue working on 1760 for as long as they want, whether it will take them weeks or months? We have just two weeks remaining until the GP deadline, and if there is no stable version released by that time (I'm almost sure already there won't be), it will be a true disaster for all GMS mobile developers. The EA and the Beta are outright broken and unusable.
This Exactly !

Im kind of panicing now. My whole business depend on one Android game which I need to constantly update each month with content, and have been waiting so long for this issue to be fixed.

I would actually pay for just a simple update with only the libpng fix. Please :(

A

antibody

Could you send a Helpdesk ticket with a sample project gmz attached, and then we'll investigate. You're the second person to mention this to me today and they have been asked for a sample also. Thanks.
I have the same issue. When I go fullscreen, the game displays, but in windowed it doesn't. I just get a black screen. This ONLY happens under Win 10, in Win 7 it displays just fine both windowed and in fullscreen. Has only started happening since 1.4.1760. I have been meaning to file a bug report, but I CANNOT for the life of me recreate the issue in a new example project. I can't share my actual project. I'm trying hard to recreate the exact drawing pipeline, but I simply cannot reproduce the problem in a new project :/

EDIT: I've found the cause of this bug and have submitted a bug report. For anyone else whose game is not being drawn in the new version when in windowed mode, this is what I was able to deduce (from my bug report):

Under Windows 10, when moving from one room to another, and then display_reset(0,true) is called and immediately after display_set_windows_alternate_sync(false), the game will no longer draw in windowed mode at all (black screen). This is a new bug introduced in 1.4.1760 and appears to only happen under Windows 10, not Windows 7.

The game will start with a black screen under Win 10. Switch to fullscreen and observe how the game is now drawn. Toggling fullscreen/windowed will also consistently switch between drawing/not drawing the game. Toggle alternate sync. After this has been done once, the game will now always draw both in fullscreen and windowed.
EDIT2: Actually, the bug is more severe than this and also happens under Win 7. All you need to do is toggle alternate sync at runtime ON and OFF and the project will stop updating and freeze on the last drawn frame. After this has been toggled once, the game will no longer update drawing at all with alternate sync OFF.

L

lek

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask.
May i know how should i setup the 1.4.1760 global game setting for Android, in order to fix the libPng issue?

as in the build tools num
support lib num
target sdk/min sdk/compilesdk num

thanks.

F

FluencyGames

The GGS do not update the Splash Screen settings for Android.

In existing projects, the Splash Screen that was currently selected DO stay as the current screen. However you cannot change the screen for either Landscape or Portrait. For a new project, you cannot add new splash screens.

Confirmed that this worked in v1.4.1749

Submitting Bug Report as well.

The GGS do not update the Splash Screen settings for Android.

In existing projects, the Splash Screen that was currently selected DO stay as the current screen. However you cannot change the screen for either Landscape or Portrait. For a new project, you cannot add new splash screens.

Confirmed that this worked in v1.4.1749

Submitting Bug Report as well.
I still get Yoyo's default splash screen in Android. I set display time to 0 seconds but it still shows up

B

Bladevampirek

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask.
May i know how should i setup the 1.4.1760 global game setting for Android, in order to fix the libPng issue?

as in the build tools num
support lib num
target sdk/min sdk/compilesdk num

thanks.
edited: You need to make it the same build numbers as what's in your Sdk Manager.
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...-test-licensing-glitch-found.6158/#post-51746
Edited:
Right now google play expansion pack is glitching so it won't compile right check out that forum they tell how to get an .apk file compiled, it involves resetting your asset cache from preferences ect..
My settings are
----
To answer your question, you place the exact build tools & lib numbers as I have below (If you got Game Maker 1.4.1760) I got an app compiled without google license & apk expansion & lint checkboxed as they mention in the forum. It really needs to be fixed soon. :-( @lek below are my stats. I fixed my smaller app (Under 100mb, but cannot fix the larger ones that need expansion packs for google play due to Game Maker's (Google play) compatibility Bug keeps giving the
Execution failed for task ':library:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac'. error. I think the problem lies within the Google Play Extention Addon that's required, as it works on Game Maker 1.4.1757 (but unfortunately all versions prior to Game Maker 1.4.1760 (beta) has the GooglePlay Libpng probem that is not patched.
----
Game Maker (beta) Version: 1.4.1760
Jdk: 1.8
Nkd: 12b
for my Sdk Manager I have
Build Tools: 24.0.1
Android Support Library: 23.2.1
Android Support Repository: 36 (I couldn't get 35 skd manager only offered Repository 36.)
Windows 7 Operating System.
----

C

CHANG UP HAN

Re-creating attachments for skeletons causes the skeleton to disappear or become white rectangles. This issue is consistent in both 1.99.505 and 1.4.1760.

I don't want to make another project just to submit this issue. Is anyone else using Spine and not having these issues?

B

Bladevampirek

Please help resolve this issue. This Game Maker Glitch won't allow anyone to update any of their Apps that are over 100+mb in size on Google Play with expansion packs. (GooglePlay) doesn't allow over 100 mb .apks and Game Maker 1.4.1760 (beta) will not save .Apks with Google License & Expansion Pack Checkmarked.
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...-test-licensing-glitch-found.6158/#post-51746
Check this link for more people having this issue.
I really love creating big apps I've spent hundred of hours of work on them.
Here is my setup.
----
Game Maker (beta) Version: 1.4.1760
Jdk: 1.8
Nkd: 12b
for my Sdk Manager I have
Build Tools: 24.0.1
Android Support Library: 23.2.1
Android Support Repository: 36 (I couldn't get 35 skd manager only offered Repository 36.)
Windows 7 Operating System.
----
Any Suggestions? I've already filed a bug report as well.

D

Dani

Hello!

I just updated GMS to v1.4.1760 and I'm getting infinite errors when compiling with Windows (YYC) export module.

All errors look like this:

C:/Users/user_name/Documents/GameMaker/Cache/project/Default/Scripts/gml_Script_scr_audio_sfx_play_at.gml.cpp:24:64: error: no member named 'GetYYVarRef' in 'CInstanceBase'
YYRValue & global_op_volume_sfx = ((CInstanceBase*)g_pGlobal)->GetYYVarRef(kVARID_global_op_volume_sfx);

C:/Users/user_name/Documents/GameMaker/Cache/project/Default/Scripts/gml_Script_scr_audio_utils_terrain_sound.gml.cpp:31:124: error: no member named 'GetString' in 'YYRValue'; did you mean 'pRefString'?
local_snd_name=(concat0 << g_pString39_9 << YYGML_CallLegacyFunction(pSelf,pOther,__ret1__,1,g_FUNC_string.val,__pArg40__).GetString() << g_pString41_9 << YYGML_CallLegacyFunction(pSelf,pOther,__ret2__,1,g_FUNC_string.val,__pArg42__).GetString(), concat0.answer());

C:/Users/user_name/Documents/GameMaker/Cache/projects/Default/Scripts/gml_Script_ini_close_protect.gml.cpp:88:108: error: no member named 'asReal' in 'YYRValue'
bool ___b76___ = (!((YYGML_CallLegacyFunction(pSelf,pOther,__ret1__,1,g_FUNC_file_text_eof.val,__pArg75__).asReal() > 0.5 )));

Windows (YYC) export module worked perfectly on the previous GMS version.

Dani

Y

yogimelayu1

please help me.android fail compiling Game Maker 1.4.1760

Create started: 08:05:29 PM
"C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /fU="C:\Users\Admin~1\AppData\Local\Temp\gm_ttt_40594\a25881.txt" /c /m=android /config="Default" /tgt=8 /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=3 /j=4 /cvm /tp=1024 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1760 /gn="Project17" /td="C:\Users\Admin~1\AppData\Local\Temp" /cd="C:\Users\Admin\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="192.168.116.1" /hprt="51268" /optionsini="C:\Users\Admin~1\AppData\Local\Temp\gm_ttt_40594\gm_ttt_33093\Project17-Default-1.0.11.ini" /o="C:\Users\Admin~1\AppData\Local\Temp\gm_ttt_40594\gm_ttt_33093" "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\GameMaker\Projects\Project17.gmx\Project17.project.gmx"

Reading project file....finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\Admin~1\AppData\Local\Temp\gm_ttt_40594\gm_ttt_33093\Project17.droid
Writing Chunk... GEN8
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=663.038
Stats : GMA : sp=0,au=0,bk=0,pt=0,sc=0,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=0,ro=1,da=0,ex=0,ma=0,fm=0x0
cmd /c "subst Z: "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\Project17\Android\Default" && Z: && cd \com.companyname.Project17 && "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Android\runner\gradle\gradlew" assembleRelease "

'subst' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"

'subst' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Create finished: 08:05:34 PM

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
@yogimelayu1 what version of Windows are you on and do you have some sort of custom shell installed - looks like it is missing some of the built in commands.

Russell

clee2005

This would be VERY helpful. Publishing an Android update is critical for us as well. Starting tomorrow we can't anymore as the fix isn't in 1757, and 1760 won't build as is (Amazon extension issue).

C

Caloxeno

Well, actually, the only problem I´ve had after this update is that the game perfomance is really bad now. And I don´t know how to fix it...

F

Francis Thong

It is really sad to see that until today there is no fix for the libpng issue for the stable version.
Can't gamemaker do something just to fix this issue in 1757.
We can't keep waiting and the google deadline is already due.
I believe it will affect many developer seriously and causing people to lose confidence in gamemaker. :(