Discussion Wizard Battle Discussion Topic

R

rougebare

That list you reference, it's mostly a convenience thing for me to remind me who was playing pre-forum upgrade.
In any case even if they all were to rejoin there would still be a space for you.

T

TDSrock

Well. I made the jump to the post-upgrade forums. Happy to find WB back.

R

rougebare

Inspector Bucketface is very confused and doesn't know what's going on right now. He takes a look around to see what's happening.
Just to remind you, you died as a result of your last actions, more specifically in the time before time. I have the results of your actions that you submited before the forum upgrade if you wish me to use that, but you are free to do as you wish, I'll adjust accordingly.

R

rougebare

(Alright, the universe is ending. Time for Seans to collectively make it worse!)

Sean

The world is ending!? Again!? I have to do something! Sean casts a protective barrier around himself, making him immune to the negative consequences of his own actions for this turn only. Then he transmutes himself into a tiny helicopter and flies off, approaching and then exceeding the speed of light as he tears through the fabric of spacetime by defying all the laws of physics. This should fix everything.

Inverse Sean

While Sean is screwing with reality itself, I should probably help fix the universe too. Inverse Sean clones the moon... seven times. If a moon doesn't exist, he makes seven moons and then clones them seven times. He then sends all of the moons spiraling rapidly in random orbits around the world. Surely they won't collide and cause a massive explosion, right?

Six Shades of Sean

Seeing all of the problems with the world, all Six Shades cast a spell that prolongs the life of the universe.
It seems I wasn't quite clear, you are all one self again.

Also @Aura, I've just noticed you've called Aftermath; Afterlife. It's Wizard Battle: Aftermath.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mercerenies

*Sha-zakk!*
Ult casts LAST HURRAH, giving all wizards a roll of 7 next turn and a really gaudy t-shirt that says I SURVIVED WB:A AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY SHIRT.
Mercerenies said:
If a player dies or rolls a 6, the Spell Hex is lifted from that player.
Just so we're clear, a roll of 7 is not a roll of 6, so while you all can enjoy your awesome rolls next turn, you can also enjoy continuing to be helicopters :)

R

rougebare

Just so we're clear, a roll of 7 is not a roll of 6, so while you all can enjoy your awesome rolls next turn, you can also enjoy continuing to be helicopters :)
To be clear, this is assuming your action actually succeeds in the first place. Also unexpected internet troubles are possibly going to interfere with the next update as well... so you might be kept in suspense a little longer than planned.

Lukasmah

@Aura So, Aftermath is over. When does the game start and will the first update be based on the already submitted actionss (so I know if I should adjust my post to match the current cannon).

Also, if I were you, I 'd arrange the links in this order: Wrath, Aftermath (New), Aftermath (Old), Rebirth, 2, 1, RPG, Old discussion.

This means you have the links in the right order while still having the current game at the top and most visible.

A

Aura

@Lukasmah: Wrath (re)starts this weekend. And I'm going to give you another week to alter your actions, so the next (first) update is going to be based off altered actions, not the actions that you played before the topic lock. If you want your actions to remain as-is, leave them untouched.

Also, I've rearranged the original post.

Oh yeah I remember playing this! I was some kind of demonic blacksmith who could do stuff with molten lava and pentagrams. Can I join?

Lukasmah

Oh yeah I remember playing this! I was some kind of demonic blacksmith who could do stuff with molten lava and pentagrams. Can I join?
Well, it's a bit too late to join thos week due to the deadline, but you can probably join after the update because there are some free slots left.

Lukasmah

Oh, and my update appears to be missing.

Also, here's some advice: Try not to make decisions for people or change their existing ones. Now, this is okay in some cases when it's very limited: If debree is falling towards a player and they didn't expect it in their action, adding an attempt to move out of the way before continuing what they were doing is reasonable. Or if their action is impossible due to a change you could have them do something that's almost the same thing. However, taking bigger decisions for the players in different situations is generally a no-no.

There's no universal guideline or anything like that for when you should or shouldn't do it, so use your discretion. But you should try not to do it too much and if you're not sure about it, not doing it is probably the better option.

Last edited:
A

Aura

Allied forces? What?

@Aura plz no, I already have a plan for my character
I actually had to alter updates of some characters because Adrien appeared unexpectedly at the last moment. You can disregard that part about Allied Forces for now.

Oh, and my update appears to be missing.
Pffft, I forgot to add yours because I was copy-pasting updates from a text file in a particular order, so perhaps I overlooked yours. It's been added to the post now. ^^"

G

Guest User

Oh gosh, this is happening. I could've sworn I'd pulled out...
Either way, my apologies, but I'll have to pull out now. :/

T

TheUltimate

Hey Aura, is this game still going? There hasn't been an update since the 13th of September. It's fine if you need more time for whatever reason, but please let everybody know if you do. I'd hate to see people lose interest in the game because of irregular updates.

It's also fine to update if some people didn't post before the deadline. It's on the players to post in time. If they're late, they can post next turn, and people who did post can still play the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Hey Aura, is this game still going? There hasn't been an update since the 13th of September. It's fine if you need more time for whatever reason, but please let everybody know if you do. I'd hate to see people lose interest in the game because of irregular updates.

It's also fine to update if some people didn't post before the deadline. It's on the players to post in time. If they're late, they can post next turn, and people who did post can still play the game.
Probably because almost everyone just posted yesterday, she saw it, but she can't update on the same day. I think almost everyone forgot about that wizard battle until yesterday.

M

MikeDark_x

The next update would be this Sunday. I apologize for the delay though. I was very busy IRL, but I'd make sure not to delay the update any further.
Watching the dangerous state of the universe Rheas proceeds to summon the ancient ultra mythical stick of poking, created by a deity whose name was forgotten long ago, and menaces with using it

A

Aura

Ah, yes, I wanted to respond, but didn't get a chance due to the Jam and real life stuff. >.<

Actually, I think people have already lost interest in this iteration due to irregular updates. I also feel that I would not be able to remain committed to this for long. Dunno if it's because Aftermath got restarted soon after I wanted to do this. Is it possible that we end this iteration, for things have messed up a lot? Is somebody interested in replacing this iteretion? Even if we continue with this, I don't think it would be as fun as other WB iterations. What do you guys think?

Lukasmah

I'm not sure irregular updates are the only problem here. The third game also had pretty irregular updates but was still active. I don't think more regular updates would fix the problem.

Interest in forum games in general has decreased considerably, probably because the GMC (and especially off-topic) userbase is different now. Unfortunately, not much can be done about that.

And, fun wise, you're still new. If you're still willing to update the game, if you still have the motivation to do so, this could work just fine. It's not like anyone expects you to make something amazing right away. But, with just a bit of experience, I'm sure you can make the game pretty great. If we ignore the irregular updates, you're doing fine right now.

And if you don't feel like you'd be able to remain committed to this, then letting someone take over is probably a fairly reasonable course of action. I could take over, but only if no one else does and if the alternative is just letting the game die. I don't know yet how much time I'd have to update the game if I took over, so I want to avoid taking over if possible.

M

MikeDark_x

Interest in forum games in general has decreased considerably, probably because the GMC (and especially off-topic) userbase is different now. Unfortunately, not much can be done about that.
I miss the old off topic... I also miss spending a lot of time here...

Also if you could set up a schedule of updates and force us to update before a deadline... that would be great, I mean that's the way I used to play it and it made the stuff more interesting as you would be in trouble if you didn't answer in time... although that would be a lot of work from your side... well it'll be a little sad if this is how this ends...

P

ParodyKnaveBob

I was enjoying your take on things so far, Aura. I understand not having time to maintain, though, (hence my not even fully playing a wizard for the past couple years,) but it'll still be sad to see it go (hence my at least trying to drop items in the last couple years, despite those items rarely if ever being used).

T

TheUltimate

@Aura It's been a while since the last update, so I'd say if you still have the time and motivation, start a new topic and see who joins. No way to know who's still interested until you try! Also, like MikeDark says, enforce the update deadline so there's activity each week, even if the updates are short and there's only 2 or 3 people at the start. It's a new forum and a new userbase. Even though forum games aren't as popular now, you won't get players if the topic's never visible.

I'm in the same boat as the others here, I'd hate to see WB end so quietly.

(Also, PKB and I still need to have our dropping-items-into-the-game-from-outside item war!)