• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Programmer (On a Budget) Programmer for 3-6 codes.

J

JesterLuciferDeath

Here's the deal: $5-10 per code. You may take as long as a week or two on the codes.
My budget is $60.

What I want:
  1. Fully functioning NPC text boxes. Art style, animation is on me.
  2. Attack animations that end, with hit boxes.
  3. Bosses.
  4. Offering help and tips for me: I would willingly help you with the code if I am taught about this. (help you write them)
Where to contact me:
I know this may sound silly, but for those whom have this skill, I'm rather spending a lot for just simple things I could learn from a Youtube Video.... if they were helpful....

I added that I would love to learn a lesson, whilst you code and I could help you as well.
Once a deal has been made, you will be invited to a google document. (coloring is optional).

There, You could code and teach me at the same time.
If I run into an error, I can always refer to you and see my problem with the code.

Note that you don't have to reach ALL of the requirements; but you could instead teach them if you yourself feel not want to code them.

D

Destroy

Greetings, I'd like to try some of these! I'm mostly looking at NPC text boxes and boss system, but I'll need some more information regarding this. I've sent you a Steam request as shadowpriestdestroy! Looking forward to hearing more,

- Des

EDIT: Sorry for contacting you through a request, but for some reason Steam refuses to let me contact you by any different means :/

Last edited by a moderator:

347_Jake

Programmer for 3-6 codes
My budget is $60.
Tsk tsk, True Valhalla. $100 is outside of OP's $60 budget! He asked for three to six codes, and while it was generous of you to go above and beyond, surely such an experienced businessman as yourself can't expect OP to breach their budget to pay for something extra they didn't ask for.

*ᵗᵒᶰᵍᵘᵉ ᵖᶫᵃᶰᵗᵉᵈ ᶠᶦʳᵐᶫʸ ᶦᶰˢᶦᵈᵉ ᶜʰᵉᵉᵏ

T

Tirous

Just curious, what exactly is a 'code'?

That's not exactly the most agreed upon unit of measurement at the present time, lad. =)
And if you means 'lines of code', then i'm sorry but that's a terrible unit of measurement also, as a line is basically meaningless and describes nothing of the quantity or quality expected. ;D

I'd recommend you base your hiring off of commission rather then some meaningless unit, describe the system, negotiate a price, something like that! =D

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I guess the term would be 'scripts' or 'functionality'... maybe 'modules', but that would exaggerate GM's modularity :p

Also.
Attack animations that end, with hit boxes.
I'm pretty sure that comma shouldn't be in that exact spot. Would you specifically want animations that end as opposed to looping animations, then hitboxes being thrown in as the icing on the cake? :p
I'm also pretty sure most games feels better if the hitbox shows up during the animation, not after it finishes.

S

Shi Shojo Team

I didn't expect many replies at all...
Wow..... I'll be damned....

Greetings, I'd like to try some of these! I'm mostly looking at NPC text boxes and boss system, but I'll need some more information regarding this. I've sent you a Steam request as shadowpriestdestroy! Looking forward to hearing more,

- Des

EDIT: Sorry for contacting you through a request, but for some reason Steam refuses to let me contact you by any different means :/
Comment on my profile.

I guess the term would be 'scripts' or 'functionality'... maybe 'modules', but that would exaggerate GM's modularity :p

Also.

I'm pretty sure that comma shouldn't be in that exact spot. Would you specifically want animations that end as opposed to looping animations, then hitboxes being thrown in as the icing on the cake? :p
I'm also pretty sure most games feels better if the hitbox shows up during the animation, not after it finishes.
Sorry!
It's hard to really determine where my hit-box should be. I have to re-draw it all and stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/RussianBarrage/

Zerb Games

I'll do it for close to free. I'm just looking for ~20$ but 60 would be awesome. I'll do what ever you want me to as long as it doesn't exceed 500 lines of coding.

S

Shi Shojo Team

You might wanna check out my YaruNPCEngine, it would give you simple textboxes (and menus) for $0.49: https://yaru.itch.io/yaru-npc-engine
Card declined twice, sorry.

I'll do it for close to free. I'm just looking for ~20$ but 60 would be awesome. I'll do what ever you want me to as long as it doesn't exceed 500 lines of coding.
Comment on my steam profile.

Go get a job in comedy.
You successfully made me giggle like a little school girl.
Well Done.

D

Destroy

I already said that "Steam refuses to let me contact you by any different means" so well, it's not like I can. For some reason. Whatever that reason is.

Anyway, I'll probably be busy next few days so you can keep that spot for Zerb :p

EDIT: Actually, I'd probably prefer making some money to the other thing. But the thing about Steam not letting me contact you still applies