Windows Legend of 34

B

Beersy

Legend of 34

This is a 2D action adventure game. It follows an ex -soldier who seeks revenge on his former military after being dumped into a testing land filled with mutants the government created. After seeing experiments being done on humans when he wasn't supposed, Soldier Number 34 (he doesnt have a name just referred to as Number 34). is captured and sent to be killed by the government's failed experiments.

You fight through 10 levels of action packed areas battling soldiers, mutants, and hideous bosses. As you fight you collect Star pieces that you can use to purchase upgrades and skills to help you on your way. You use an ability called Tech, that gives you powers to help you fight your way through.

The game isn't long but I wanted players to have replay value or have it as challenging as they want. The abilities you can buy, can make the game really easy, or you can try to not purchase them and try going through with just your sword. Keep in mind there's some bosses that you have to have some Techs to kill it.

____

The game thats pretty much completed, but I could use some help with people to play it and help me make it better. Im using 8.1. Its a 2d action game with 10 levels. It has a little bit of an RPG element to it where you can buy upgrades and weapons and such. If anyone would like to help please let me know I can really use some inputs! If you want to play it this link will take you to where you can down load it. Its called The Legend of 34.

http://gamejolt.com/games/the-legend-of-34/176001

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
This is a good start. From what I've seen (only the first level, so far) there's lots of action here and a fair degree of challenge. It feels like an RPG in the sense you play as a "military experiment" that was abandoned and then used for soldiers' practice. The format is platformer, and the fighting (at the beginning) is sword play. Based on the intro, however, I think you can upgrade to other weapons and powers (tech).

That said, the intro was a bit long. But not too bad. Not sure if the conversation between the scientist and the President is good, or whether a simple story line narrative might be better. One minor quibble is the spelling and grammar. Not a big deal, but spelling errors and incorrect grammar make a game look less professional.

The graphics look pretty good. I liked the parallax scrolling backgrounds and the special effects like the fire bomb things (which finally killed me, btw). And the trees and terrain have good detail. The characters' animation is pretty good too. Once I got used to the X - C controls, I could jump and fight pretty well.

So far (first level) the gameplay seems mostly like a basic fighting / platformer game. Not much reliance on story line -- at least not yet. But overall, I'd say this has promise. Definitely worth continuing to completion.

B

Beersy

This is a good start. From what I've seen (only the first level, so far) there's lots of action here and a fair degree of challenge. It feels like an RPG in the sense you play as a "military experiment" that was abandoned and then used for soldiers' practice. The format is platformer, and the fighting (at the beginning) is sword play. Based on the intro, however, I think you can upgrade to other weapons and powers (tech).

That said, the intro was a bit long. But not too bad. Not sure if the conversation between the scientist and the President is good, or whether a simple story line narrative might be better. One minor quibble is the spelling and grammar. Not a big deal, but spelling errors and incorrect grammar make a game look less professional.

The graphics look pretty good. I liked the parallax scrolling backgrounds and the special effects like the fire bomb things (which finally killed me, btw). And the trees and terrain have good detail. The characters' animation is pretty good too. Once I got used to the X - C controls, I could jump and fight pretty well.

So far (first level) the gameplay seems mostly like a basic fighting / platformer game. Not much reliance on story line -- at least not yet. But overall, I'd say this has promise. Definitely worth continuing to completion.
Hey thanks for the feedback. When creating this game I was going for a simple story line. When you finish the game there's a little more to the story. But I'm deff opened to ideas here.

B

Beersy

To be honest, at first I thought that someone had made a game about Rule 34... lol
haha ok so i when making this game i couldnt think of a name for the character, so i named him after Walter Payton's (chicago bears legendary running back)Number which was 34. My wife's rule number 34 is "Clean the damn kitchen!"

pixeltroid

Legend of 34

This is a 2D action adventure game. It follows an ex -soldier who seeks revenge on his former military after being dumped into a testing land filled with mutants the government created.

I havent played the game, but the game play video has me interested.

IMO, Right now the lush green trees and blue skies in your level feels like a pleasant park. Imo It visually doesnt fit your dark story involving mutants, military, conspiracies and failed experiments. It doesnt affect gameplay in any way, but it does not mesh with your story.

How about background props like barbed wire, guard towers, stasis tubes with mutants in it, toxic waste pits...you know, the kind of stuff you'd see if your story was made into a sci-fi action thriller!

B

Beersy

I havent played the game, but the game play video has me interested.

IMO, Right now the lush green trees and blue skies in your level feels like a pleasant park. Imo It visually doesnt fit your dark story involving mutants, military, conspiracies and failed experiments. It doesnt affect gameplay in any way, but it does not mesh with your story.

How about background props like barbed wire, guard towers, stasis tubes with mutants in it, toxic waste pits...you know, the kind of stuff you'd see if your story was made into a sci-fi action thriller!
The later levels of stuff similar to that but I know what u mean. I may go back and make a darker design now that u mention it