• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Draw_Lives Block doesnt work correctly

V

ViceVersa

Whenever i use the Draw_Lives block, it doesnt ever print the caption. Instead it draws whatever number i have for the xposition on screen. So if i said the x position is 0, and the value of lives was 3, then it will print " 0 3" instead of "Lives: 3" im pretty sure this is a bug, is this happening to anyone else?

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
I honestly never use draw_lives and it isn't even in the manual. Are you sure that x position is really x position and not the string before the number of lives?
Otherwise you can use code! Just pick a code block and copy this:
Code:
draw_text(50,50,"lives: "+string(lives))
Change the 50,50 to any position you'd like and "lives: " to whatever you like.

V

ViceVersa

thanks for the reply. Im aware that i could do it through code, but i posted this to point out that the block is clearly bugged. Typing text for the value of x brings up errors, and a numeric value does change the position on the screen, but the game feels the need to draw it instead of the caption