• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Sprite_add using a base64 encoded image?

hello there, i'm wondering if there is a way to just pass the base64 string to a buffer and then add it in as a sprite through my game. I currently have the base64 string with the parameters in front stripped off. What i essentially did was write some functions in js to encode the image as a string which sends it back to GM.
But i'm not sure how to convert it as an actual sprite image as part of the game. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Is it possible to just use the string and add a sprite without having to save it as a png on the local disk?

Edit: It works on Windows but not on HTML5 no matter what i do it returns the full path of the server instead of using the local path... same applies when i try to make a temporary blob... I think the only solution is just to upload to the actual server add the sprite and then delete it from server when the game already received it as a sprite

Last edited: