• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Quick Question on "image_blend" *solved*

alexhinton

After using the image_blend under the draw event, do i have to reset the draw color back to white with draw_set_color(c_white) ? I know i should after setting the color to something other than white with the same function, just wasn't sure if image_blend also affected this.

I'm trying to optimize my game as much as possible, and am more or less just curious.

Thanks in advance!!

No, you don't have to reset the draw colour because you're not actually setting the draw colour, you're setting the image_blend of a particular sprite. If you want the sprite to go back to "normal" colours, you would reset it with image_blend = c_white, but if you don't want it to change back, you don't have to do anything.