• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Google play service not working in EA version

P

psychoanima

I am using only Leaderboard and this problem is happening only with EA version with YYC compiler. I have to use EA because security issue on google play store.

In console I am getting messages in this order:

Google Play Services extension initialising
Found google play app id = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Exception thrown trying to call method checkLicensing on GooglePlayLicensingAsExt
googleplayservices extension onStart called
AchievementLogin()
Calling connect on googleapiclient
Sign In Succeeded
Found displayname xxxxxxxxx with id xxxxxxxx

after player dies I don't have messages in console "SendHighscore" like in stable GM version and I can't open Google play Leaderboard table.

When I am using Android/Fire (non YYC) compiler, it looks fine...

And I am getting a lot of these: "Setting vis flags to 5894" -
at least 20 times!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Christian

Are you using it with Amazon Game Circle Extension? I know those have been known to break when used together.
Google Analytics has also been known to fail on it's own, so if they are using the same API, it might be causing Google Play to break as well.

P

psychoanima

Are you using it with Amazon Game Circle Extension? I know those have been known to break when used together.
Google Analytics has also been known to fail on it's own, so if they are using the same API, it might be causing Google Play to break as well.
No, only Google Play service extension and it's happening only with YYC. And what is more confusing, there is no error msg in console.

C

Christian

So a quick search found that other users are experiencing issues with Google Play not working in the latest EA version. It sounds like it's outdated libraries. You can try to rollback a version of GMS (Assuming you're not using anything that was just added).You can wait until the next version comes out (Which may take a while). Or you can try disabling/removing Google Play from the project for now. And maybe make mention of it in the changelog.

P

psychoanima

That's just great. First I can't use 1.4.1757 because of libpng and now I can't use EA because Google Play service outdated libraries. Clap, clap, Yoyo games.

Thanks for advice but unfortunately my game is using Google play Leaderboard which is very important for my players...

L

Lgmsfan

so i have found i can test apks fine on my android devices but when i use google play yoyogames extensions build fail every time anyone know what android global settings i should be using i use BUILD TOOLS 23.0.3 SUPPORT LIB 23.2. 1 TARGET SDK 23 MIN SDK 9 COMPILE SDK 23 GMSBETA NDK R12B I HAVE ALL UPDATED IN ANDROID SDK MANAGER. ANY HELPFULL ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT thanks wed 21st of sep 2016.

I have asked yoyogames ages ago for help but sadly i think they dont have enough staff to help everybody YET hope the HUMBLE BUNDLE SALES HELP yoyogames be able to get more staff though.

L

Lgmsfan

no i didnt i rembr those sales as well im just wishing for the best from yoyogames

X

Xaril

I'm using 1760 version, and I'm having the same issue. What I've noticed is that the Game Center leaderboard on my iOS version doesn't work either. I've tried and updated both my Google Play Services extension as well as everything related to the services in the SDK manager, but nothing's changed.

What happens to me is that when the game is updated to the version created with the 1760 version of GM:S, it does log in to the services/Game Center. However, trying to access the online leaderboard does not work. When starting the app after the first time, no message is shown indicating that I've been logged in.

Does anyone have any more info on what to do to combat this? Do we just have to wait until YoYogames fixes it? I'm certain I haven't done anything wrong, no code changes or anything.

Thanks

X

Xaril

I'll write a follow up to my previous message:

Today, Yoyogames published a new Google Play Services extension. I downloaded it, and the leaderboard still doesn't work. What's more, the billing permission for my game has disappeared, meaning that my in app purchases no longer work. If anybody knows anything, please let me know.

Thanks

X

Xaril

They've updated the extension again, and now billing works again. However, leaderboards are still not working. I've made a request at help.yoyogames.com, but haven't gotten an answer in almost a month.

M

MattH

So... The fact I've been unable to get Google Play Services connected and sending data to my leaderboards, in 2 weekends of trying, is not because I'm new and stupid, but because GMS doesn't work properly... IS THAT RIGHT!?