Idea Which Food Could Boost Attack Power?

A

Alex Lyons

I have begun designing a 2D platformer/fighting game called Alexander Julian. The player has three stats that can be changed by collecting food items. Pizza raises defense and candy ("Skillets") raise speed. I haven't been able to figure out what could boost attack.

What in this game should boost ATTACK power?

Another thing to note is that these foods come in two variations. So, if any of you have an idea, please reply with two variations. One adds one of the stat while another adds two of the stat. For example, cheese pizza adds one defense while taco pizza adds two defense.

Yes, taco pizza common delicacy where I live. :p

C

Cleavly

I'd say meat, idk why but meat
Meat is usually something people think "tough guys" eat. I was personally gonna say this myself, but you beat me to it.
It surprises me you were the first one, though.

Roa

Yes, taco pizza common delicacy where I live. :p
I'm 13, adopt me? Either that or mail some of that my way. I can wait.

I always like the idea of some form of meat. Streets of rage, bonk as above, golden axe, casltevania all use meat as a form of growth and health. IN final fantasy legends, meat is life. You eat it and can turn into different creatures by eating random meats lol.

A

Alex Lyons

Here's what I decided on:
popcorn_chicken.png Popcorn Chicken (+1 ATT)
chicken_tenders.png Chicken Tenders (+2 ATT)

Oh, and something extra:

french_silk.png French Silk Pie (+1 ATT, +1 DEF, +1 SPD)

B

Blackened

Porkchop (also known as wall meat depending on where you look for it.) Avoid Walmart Walmeat, it is not the same thing. Props on the Bonks Revenge @Galladhan Protein is a must. I'm also liking that silk pie idea. Nom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zendraw

id go for types of food.
meat foods for strength, vegetables for defence, and psychodelics for speed, like shrooms or weed or pills or somthing.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
id go for types of food.
meat foods for strength, vegetables for defence, and psychodelics for speed, like shrooms or weed or pills or somthing.
-1. I'd say that just makes the game controversial for no reason at all.

For speed, I'd say either coffee (a cup for +1, a pot for +2) or something sugary (ice-cream or other desserts, maybe fruits if you want to be extra healthy), since these give you a quick burst of energy. Defense is also strength, but you could link it to endurance - in this case, you'd eat pasta, rye bread, onions, and other food with lots of (slow) carbohydrates.

Z

zendraw

-1. I'd say that just makes the game controversial for no reason at all.

For speed, I'd say either coffee (a cup for +1, a pot for +2) or something sugary (ice-cream or other desserts, maybe fruits if you want to be extra healthy), since these give you a quick burst of energy. Defense is also strength, but you could link it to endurance - in this case, you'd eat pasta, rye bread, onions, and other food with lots of (slow) carbohydrates.
i think a bit of controversy ads a bit to the fun, i mean look at mario, eatin shrooms and other plants since i dont know when, and still kickin.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I think there is nothing wrong with using different forms of the same thing. For this, I think chicken fits many games. So you could do a simple chicken leg, or the whole roasted chicken for the bigger version.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Yeah, chicken has the benefit of not being religiously/culturally banned anywhere (several regions has pork meat being taboo and a few has bovine meat, and most of the world does not take kindly to cat and dog meat), so it'd cut down on the need to have to localize the game. You'd risk a bunch of stray vegans complain about your game... but I'd say people picking on a game that just happens to include common food for the reason of it including it are such windmill-fencing trolls that there's no need to pretend they exist. (I think anything less blatant than the Super Meat Boy / Super Tofu Boy thing would be an exaggerated response)