[Tool] Protect your shaders

G

gengo

Download: https://github.com/GengoStar/HideGMShaders/releases
Github: https://github.com/GengoStar/HideGMShaders
Versions: GM:S2

Maybe youve already heard of this, but GM:S2 stores your shaders in plain text inside win files, making them easy to extract for anyone interested
upload_2020-1-23_13-14-3.png
Turns out that the game doesnt use any of that on windows export (it uses binary HLSL11 code instead) and I made a software that removes it:

Its easy enough to use too

I made this for friends last year but didnt post it because I only use discord

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

Not sure where this stands with regards to the EULA (Do not copy, modify, merge, distribute, translate, rent, lend, lease, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works of.. etc), but this seems like a handy tool to remove the plain text inclusion of shaders from GMS2 games which annoys a fair few people and should probably be done by GMS2 internally as standard.

Good stuff.

Excellent tool! GMS storing shaders in plain-text really bothered me. I personally won't be using it until potential EULA issues are addressed, but it's great that this exists. If I had one critique, it would be that you should have an option to flood-fill with either 0x00 or 0xFF instead of repeating "HA"/0x4841.

G

gengo

Not sure where this stands with regards to the EULA (Do not copy, modify, merge, distribute, translate, rent, lend, lease, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works of.. etc), but this seems like a handy tool to remove the plain text inclusion of shaders from GMS2 games which annoys a fair few people and should probably be done by GMS2 internally as standard.

Good stuff.
Thanks. I was given a OK to post this by a moderator so should be good?

Excellent tool! GMS storing shaders in plain-text really bothered me. I personally won't be using it until potential EULA issues are addressed, but it's great that this exists. If I had one critique, it would be that you should have an option to flood-fill with either 0x00 or 0xFF instead of repeating "HA"/0x4841.
Maybe, yes - friends wanted that because Risk of Rain
upload_2020-1-24_2-13-21.png
Shows that shaders were before but youre not getting any