• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Broken hyperlink

rogonow

I just figured out that Greenlight ended it's support. Are there any methods to lower that 100 dollar submission to Steam in a leagal way? GM Studio 2 doesn't have the necessary export to Steam :(.

Last edited:
Are there any methods to lower that 100 dollar submission to Steam in a leagal way?
That is imposed by Valve for Steam and has nothing to do with what engine the game is made in so not something YYG can do anything about.
GM Studio 2 doesn't have the necessary export to Steam
Plenty of people here are putting their games on Steam. They are just Windows exports/builds with additional things added to work with the Steam platform (from my understanding of what needs to be done), so again there is nothing for YYG to do for you to put your game on Steam.

EDIT: Here's articles on how to do the setup and publish to Steam for GMS2:
https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...dows-macOS-Ubuntu-Steam-Setting-Up-Steamworks
https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...OS-Ubuntu-Steam-Setting-Up-GameMaker-Studio-2

Last edited:

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
I am currently in the process of publishing to Steam.
The $100 fee is charged by Valve. With that fee you get access to Steam's developer resources and panels.
They charge this fee per application submitted, but they also give pretty good feedback when applications are submitted.
I'm not sure how much is under NDA so I won't go into further detail.

To build for Steam inside of GMS you need one or more of the following:
GMS Windows Export
GMS Mac Export
or GMS Linux Export
and the Steamworks SDK(available for free from Valve's steamworks partner page)

Follow the guides mentioned above this post and you should be all set.
Most of the Steam setup is done in Steam itself, so without paying the application fee you can't get too far into planning for Steam.

G

gengo

Most of the Steam setup is done in Steam itself, so without paying the application fee you can't get too far into planning for Steam.
You can use their test app id (480) to test basic functions like overlay, screenshots, or single achievement setup for that app