Add a specific character

Valrad

Hello,

I now am stuck about adding a specific character that is not in the ASCII table implemented in GMS2. I'm talking of █ (alt+219).

Then I figured out that adding it to a font is the solution. But how can I keep an official font, and just add this character at the end?

I looked at font_add_sprite, but it seems that it begins from nothing, and then that I need to create a whole new font to make it work

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Upper half of ASCII is codepage-dependent, this means a lot of issues. (Backslash and Yen is the same symbol depending on which codepage you use, for instance) But all of those characters should have an unique unicode code point these days. Fonts already have unicode support in GMS2, the "unimplemented placeholder character" is added by default these days. The "add character range" button should let you type in the range, guess it from all the strings present in the project, or load a file and add all characters present in it. So save the character in a text file (in unicode format like UTF-8) and use the "from file" range option to load it.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Will this also set a default character
Whadda you mean, "default character"? There's a dedicated "this character can't be rendered" character, 0xFFFD �, but GM uses the full width/height box glyph 0x25AF instead.