• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

beginner question about exporting

J

jldb

hi

I JUST started using this - I am completely new to all of this, really enjoying gamemaker so far. I'm SURE this question has been asked a million times but I'm having trouble finding an answer to it, maybe I'm not wording it properly.

I have gamemaker 2 studio licence for the desktop for $99 - I have it on Windows 10. Is there a way for me to export it to a usable Mac executable? I want to send something I made to some friends who only have Macs.

thanks!

obscene

Yes. But you need a Mac. You will install stuff on it, network to it and GM will use it to create the build. That's the short version of it. But if you have a Mac, you have all you need and it won't cost you another penny.

J

jldb

dang, I don't have a Mac, that's why I was asking. Is there any other alternative?

obscene

Talk one of your friends into letting you borrow one. Just to set it up and give you the IP address. Then do it remotely.