• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Ralph Saves Wahmart!

OnLashoc

Hello,
I've posted a couple projects over the past 2 years I've been working on. While the others are slower and on going, this project has taken life over the past 2 weeks and decided to share.

Ralph Saves Wahmart! is about a guy named Ralph who goes above and beyond to be the swiss army knife of the up and coming chain store Wah-Mart. Not to be confused by the other smiley faced chain store Walmart. In RSW, you will master the art of meeting supply / demand management while also being an agent of loss prevention and profit generation.

Currently I am still coding all the mini games and achievements, as you can see below some things are still in their infancy compared to the flow charts and notes I wrote up over the holidays while my father-in-law who happens to also be named Ralph that also happens to work for Walmart as a retiree. I'll be honest, most of our conversations during the holidays centered around the wonderful and colorful people shopping or working at Walmart... heh.

After I have the mini games complete, I focus more on the humorous stuff planned and achievement art, then circle back to tideying things up a bit before releasing a demo.

Last edited:

Toque

I like the idea. Not exactly sure about the trucks unloading. There doesn't seem to be anything the fork lift is unloading.

I like the concept.

OnLashoc

I like the idea. Not exactly sure about the trucks unloading. There doesn't seem to be anything the fork lift is unloading.

I like the concept.
Not yet, still drawing all the assets. The coding is done though. I drew crates / pallets tonight and will be coding in the random item deliveries tomorrow. The stock will drain at different rates depending on time of season and as your store begins to grow in popularity. In that particular mini game you must unload and successfully stack them in their respective areas.

Then there is another mini game in which you actually take the stock and load the shelves, all the while being approached by customers which questions on item locations and various random events.

I can imagine this being played by Youtubers if it had more content and polish as well as a funny/cheesy/ridiculous story.
Thanks, I have lots planned and scripted in that regard. Right now I'm aiming to build some following. And to actually finish a game I've started and to be able to say I took a concept and unique niche and completed it. Anything beyond that is icing :)

Onnie