[Solved] Suddenly Animation End Event Problems

R

robproctor83

Hello, I am losing my mind over this and for the life of me I just can't understand why... I am suddenly having issues with the animation end event letting the sprite loop to the first frame before triggering, specifically with my attack animation.

I understand that you can't just check the position of the image_index (especially since I have delta time going on), but the animation_end event to my understanding is supposed to capture the end frame properly, no? It's always worked, and now for some reason even if I undo all of my edits i can't get it to back to normal. I opened a backup from the other day to check and the animation plays fine there. It's like once I edited something it triggered a change that can't be undone.... Very strange

*edit* In looking for a solution I found a script from pixelated pope that lets me properly check if the sprite is ended and even use delta time with it and everything, so that is what I will do. However, I just don't understand why this is happening. This happened one other time with a different animation and to fix it I had to revert to a previous backup, but again I wasn't able to fix it by undoing my edits... Very strange.

This is the script that works properly:
https://pastebin.com/0AsJn1WB

Last edited by a moderator: