• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker how hard is it to puslih a game for linux to?

D

Dwighty4000

I'm currently making a game that should come out for windows, but how complicated would it be to publish the same game for Linux and Mac with GameMaker Studio 2?
In this case, would it be just a question of pressing a few buttons to export the same game made to the other platforms, or is that a lot of effort with a lot of fine adjustment in the programming of GML?

obscene

You need a separate linux computer and know how to use linux. And then you may have a few random issues to deal with in the game itself depending.

D

Dwighty4000

You need a separate linux computer and know how to use linux. And then you may have a few random issues to deal with in the game itself depending.
Linux also uses a keyboard and a mouse. my 2D game doesn't need any more.
I happen to have a second gaming notebook for to go, so what would the pitfalls be?
I just have to put a cross in linux instead of windows in the export settings of GMS2 and all linux users can use this version of my game or how does it work exactly and how easy is it to make a secondary version of my game by I have the windows version of my game and want to make it compatible for linux.
A minor matter is. my game creates .ini files to store numerical values in them. These no need and should not be needed to open the ini files by the user, but only serve the game from the ini. can read where it last left off.
Would there be problems writing and reading .ini files? (So without direct influence from the user!)