Portfolio - Programming [For Hire] Experienced multi-discipline programmer (15 yrs experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatZach

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Zachary Reedy
Email paraton [at] hotmail [dot] com
Discord DatZach#1775

With a combined 15 years of experience in professional and hobbyist programming spaces, I am a highly skilled and efficient developer. My experience has been focused on Platform Engines, Networking, Localization, Tools and Frameworks. However, I am fully capable of developing any system you need.
Additionally, I am also capable of doing localization for English -> Japanese (JLPT N2 Certification pending).

Technical Skills
  • GameMaker: Studio 1.4 / 2.0
  • Game Maker 6.1a / 7.0 / 8.1
  • GML
  • JavaScript (ES6)
  • C#
  • C++
  • Python
  • T-SQL / MySQL
  • SVN / Git
Work Experience (GameMaker related)
Boman - GitHub | Video
A GameMaker: Studio 1.4 Platforming Game. Explore a metroid-vania style world flinging arrows and conquering tricky platforming challenges. Developed ceased at end of engine development. Additionally, a branch for a GM2 port exists.

Phoenix - GitHub | Video
A GameMaker: Studio 2.0 turn-based RPG inspired by Pokemon and Darkest Dungeon. Catch monsters and battle to reclaim the natural world from envious deities. Monsters experience perma-death and also have an overworld presence which acts as traversal abilities. Development ceased at end of engine development.

Parakeet 2 - Video
Commercial alternative IDE for GameMaker: Studio 1.4. Included advanced features, such as real time code analysis and hinting, a fully featured room editor and an all-in-one script view for all GM events. In addition to developing these features, I was also contracted to develop the DRM and payment backend integration.

YoYoProject - GitHub

A C# Library for serializing/deserializing YYP files (GameMaker: Studio 2 Projects). This library is used in a larger ecosystem of Open Source tools related to improving productivity for GMS2 Engineers.

Astron.libGML - GitHub
A GML Library for interfacing with Astron, an implementation of Walt Disney's Online Theme Park (OTP) MMO Framework/Protocol. This is the same protocol that is used to power games such as ToonTown and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Compensation
I'm looking for hourly contract work; with a preference for longer term contracts.
Equal rate for all types of projects.
$20/hr

Please contact me directly via the contact info in this post, rather than leaving a comment asking me to contact you.
Contact details are below my name at the top of this post.

Looking forwarding to working with you,
Zach Reedy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.