Portfolio - Programming [Unavailable] Technical Programmer!

Bingdom

Googledom

(The art is inspired by Kingdom, but everything is coded and drawn by me. Made with game maker)

Please note: I am no longer taking requests.
My time with making games have been long gone. I work as a software developer now. 😁

About me

Hello, I'm James, and I've been passionate about creating games. I've been on my game development journey ever since I was young. I currently study Computer Science.
Since I've started programming outside of batch, I've been using GameMaker regularly. I enjoy experimenting, which helped me develop a wide range of skills (not only just programming!). On top of this, I have a good understanding of shaders.
I've come to a point that I can pretty much tackle any task.

Games I've programmed
Voidigo
I'm responsible for fixing up and implementing some core gameplay features and improving the procedural level generator.

Spirit Walker
Everything was performed by myself (art, music, programming, design).

Paint Bonanza
I performed the designing and programming of this game.

Diverge
Everything programming related was performed by me. I had a significant contribution to designing.

I also have experience in mobile development. Here are some really old games I've developed.

My experiments
I have created a vast amount of experiments during my time with GameMaker.

(GIFs may take a while to load. Please be patient)

A scalable, destructible planet shader. Textures are 2D. The shader is designed to make it look 3D. The planet's crater wall colours and core colours are adjustable.

This GIF shows off a space physics game. Blue on the tiles indicates hull stress damage and red indicates collision damage (Note: Thrusters appear red when they thrust). It supports saving/loading of ships.

Cloth material simulator.

A dissolve shader.

This simulates a shatter effect on a polygon. It generates a set of points that can be used to create additional polygons to split into.

This simulates power coming from a generator in a wire. The power in the wire reduces the further away it is from the power source.

Additional Languages
I'm also experienced with other languages, not just GML!
  • JavaScript / Nodejs (Backend & Frontend)
  • C++, C, and C#
  • Python
  • Java (Android Studio) and Objective-C (Xcode)

Why hire me?
  • I have provided great service to the community by helping novices. This has opened me to solving various problems.
  • I offer a wide range of skills, each with strong qualities. You can expect the code to be done in the right way, for the right requirements. Networking, shaders, physics; everything that GMS offers!

Contact

If you got any enquiries, don't be afraid to ask me. Prices are negotiable.
You can contact me through a PM, Discord "Bingdom", or email: bingdom1[at]gmail[dot]com.

Last edited:

Rob

Nice work Bingdom I remember playing Paint Bonanza and I thought it was very cool ;) I'm also a fan of the Kingdom games

Bingdom

Googledom
I'm working on one of my own multiplayer projects.
I'm currently planning the system involved for networking, but the majority of the project is ready for netcode.

Please do not mind the placeholder menu elements.

Feel free to contact me for any questions. PM or Discord Bingdom#3597.

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
I put this together in short time.

Seen a feature in a game, and want it in your own project? Feel free to contact me for quotes and enquiries!

PM or Discord; Bingdom#3597

I

imjustmike

Hey dude, do you have an email I could reach you on?

Also, the first image link in your sig links to a an error page saying "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server." for me at least. In the UK if that makes a difference.

Posh Indie

That Guy
I hired @Bingdom to help me out with developing an input system that could be plugged into any game on any platform. The result? I am more than impressed. He delivered fast (Next day, actually), quality (Code organization and ease of use is perfect, delivered exactly what was asked for, etc), and he's a great person to work with. His prices are definitely fair, he maintains quick communication (I imagine if you are on his side of the earth it will be even quicker, which is amazing), and he continues to support what you purchased (Fixing bugs he finds, for instance).

I will definitely be in contact with you for future systems that work seamlessly with the input system (I have a few ideas in mind. Let me know if you have any interest in them and/or time for them). Thank you for helping me out. My time is very limited right now, but your service alleviates that issue. Glad to have worked with you, it was a very pleasant experience!

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
I'm now on uni break.

Anyone who's looking for a programmer who can do networking, or write shaders, feel free to contact me.
PM here or discord: Bingdom#3597

Bingdom

Googledom
Hey, due to time constraints, I'll be stepping down from freelancing for now.

Feel free to bookmark this page, add me as a friend on Discord, or even ask me questions.

I'll have more time on me in June 2020.

Bingdom

Googledom
Binary Space Partitioning for dungeon generation!

(just the reserved spaces. You can use these spaces to create the rooms).
bsp.gif

Bingdom

Googledom
Portfolio updated!

I helped fix up a game for a client. Still currently working for them, so my time is restricted, but still available.

Bingdom

Googledom
I know that this isn't Gamemaker, but my knowledge is certainly not limited to it.

Here's an armour system similar to games like War Thunder and World of Tanks! Made in Unity.
(click to view video)

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
I put together a multiplayer server for a client.

I used a NodeJS backend.
The world runs at 10 ticks per second and transmits the delta of entities to minimize bandwidth usage.

Player accounts are stored on MongoDB.

The server keeps a state of the world to verify user input. By making the server perform the actions (i.e. player movements and attacks), it is hardened against speed hacks (after a little extra work) and packet manipulation.
The clients just animate the entities on where the server tells them where they should go (based on delta + periodic world updates).

In this gif below, there are 9 players, but the server can support more.

Nyro17

Proffesional.
Dedicated.
Experienced.
Trustable.
Reasonable.

Probably a bit expensive but quality hasnt price.

In code he added some comments to help understand everything.

I recommend him 100%. 😍😍

Bingdom

Googledom

^ What I put together for a client

Have an idea in mind, or saw something in a game that you want yourself?
My answer: I can do that

Contact me for specialized tasks