GMC Jam Discussion The Festive GMC Jam 35 - Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
SURREALISTIC would be a pretty interesting theme. I'm not if I can pull of surrealism though. It would certainly fun to try though.

But if that's the theme, I don't know why it wasn't just SURREAL which feels more grammatical.

G

GVmG

SURREALISTIC would also be interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about it tho, it's very flexible - possibly too flexible - and as mentioned it could have just been SURREAL (unless the previous winner decided to add letters to make it harder to guess but even then it's weird).

I'm still betting on SUPERVILLAIN.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Surrealism and Surveillance in the same game sounds like a pretty fun idea... it could be hard to even tell what you're looking at through the CCTV cameras, making the act of surveillance more interesting and forcing you to pay more attention. (Looking at things through a viewport is already essentially the only thing you do in a game already)

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Security guard watching cameras while on a bad acid trip... Reverse FNAF ...
I was thinking more like "you're the security guard of the Melting Clock museum, and you must stop the war vegetables from moving the furniture shaped like surgically cut-open body parts all the way to the wall lit up by the magenta-colored moonlight, and the only way you can stop them is to cut off your own hands and send them off to spy on things from different angles", but I suppose they're not mutually exclusive.

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
Bruh, it's 4 days till the jam. I demand more letters.

I know, let's play wheel of fortune. Whoever guesses the most letters correctly gets the most grandchildren.

C

Catastrophe

I think it's supervillian at this point. He said he didn't want to it to be obvious, and yet a P doesn't eliminate much. So it was probably one of the popular guesses that's right and supervillian was super well liked.

Well..

not counting super-potato >.>

Toque

maybe I'm just saying Sup I like to leave spare underscores laying around.
Hmm “spare underscores”. That sounds like all is not what it seems.

On a happy note my mother decided to come this weekend. (Sarcastic cough).

I didn’t work this weekend so I could jam and ignore my family. Apparently no family member remembers receiving that memo.......

“I sent the memo a month ago check your junk box”

“Oh we got the memo but your memos are stupid so we never read them”

The M

Well, so much for that analysis. :p I kind of want to guess at something other than "super" because otherwise there'd still be plenty of letters left to reveal before we can make anything conclusive of it. Maybe I read too much into things...

Psycho_666

Oh, superstition...
Here goes my ideas out the window, cause I can't quite figure out how to make a superstition works in a jam like format...

Micah_DS

Alright, gonna try to put some new guesses into the mix, but only the first three are somewhat serious guesses:

SUPERDENSITY
SUPERELASTIC (I realllly don't want to program this though... :p)
SUPPLY TRUCK / DEPOT / ROBOT

SUPPLE STEAK (mmm)
SUPPORT TECH (e.g. try to steal money from old people by pretending to be Microsoft support; creative!)
SUPREME WRAP / TACO
SUPREME WHIP (definitely not my Toyota Corolla)
SUPREME WIFE

SUPERIOR DAB
SUPPRESS DAB

Last edited:
G

GVmG

SUPPRESS DAB
as in "try your hardest not to dab" or as in dabbing with a gun attachment to reduce the noise and the muzzle flash and not be noticed as you dab?

Other possibilities I like, I think these were all guessed in the previous pages
- SUPERPOWERED: more than overpowered, this is too much power to handle - I see someone also guessed SUPERCHARGED, same idea.
- SUPERHEROINE: I like it although it's not that good as it enforces the use of superpowers rather than being very flexible as a theme
- SUPERSTITION: there are a lot of interesting culture-specific superstitions that could make for some interesting mechanics, or even from a scientific side imagine a video game version of BF Skinner's experiment (first in the video)
- SUPERNATURAL: a bit on the generic side, possibly too generic, but I always loved supernatural stuff I can't say no to this lol
- SUPERWEAPONS: heck yeah give me some of those nukes and lasers and railguns and metal gears

still betting on SUPERVILLAIN though.

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
I also hope it's a SUPERVILLAIN, especially since I've got some cool general concept in my mind. I already got cool concepts for SUBTERRANEAN and SURREALISTICS before, so I hope at least this one won't need to be discarded... ^^'

Also, if it's SUPERVILLAIN I'm totally expecting a Dr. Swiss game from @HayManMarc ;)

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
Supervillain would be easy. The main character of the game I'm already set on making would just change sides. Lmao

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I will be very surprised if the first word isn't SUPER. SUPER POTATO, perhaps?

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
I can't tell if Dadio is joking. Well, if he isn't, super-potato is a very easy theme to work with.
Edit- the op hasn't changed, but I guess only Dan could change it.

dadio

Potato Overlord
GMC Elder
Moi? Joking? Please, such a thing would simply never happen.

Peppa-Super-Potato-Movie.jpg

EDIT:
I will give all entrants full commercial use license for all (almost 500!) of my fonts. You can find those to download here: https://www.dafont.com/darrell-flood.d4895 (This technically has a real world value of around $10,000 - tho please note the licenses are non-transferable.) I will also make custom "dadio style" Jam signatures for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. I will also give the 1st place winner their choice of *any* Steam game that has been made using GameMaker.

Last edited:

woodsmoke

Yeah I'm also guessing it will be Supervillain.
Missed it in my guesses because I thought it's spelled with only one i.

Not sure if I'm participating. I hurt my foot and don't have to go to work, which is very good, but I have 2 projects running which need to move along. Well....looks like I may be doing 3 things now.

i have a dumb question please be gentle. this is my first jam and i am confused by the 12utc start time as i am in cst time. is that to say it would start tonight at 6pm cst time thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.