Idea give me side weapon/magic ideas!

N

nlolotte

basically what the title says! example: summon a powerful shovel :p

A

Aura

That is a very broad question. And I seriously doubt somebody is interested in throwing random weapon ideas at you, given the lack of any sort of information about your game.

Your topic has no discussion value at the moment and such a topic often fails to gain serious responses. So I'd suggest you to edit the original post and ask some questions if you really want to turn this into a real discussion. Requesting random ideas is going to get you nowhere.

For instance, you might want to ask:

• how others design weapons for their games
  • how others balance weapons so as not to make it too difficult or too easy
  • what factors others take into consideration while levelling up weapons or granting the characters new weapons
  • what role, according to others, weapons play in the gameplay

Those are some questions that should get you what you want, plus they would give this topic a proper direction. Some information about your game won't hurt either.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I'm interested at throwing random ideas!
  • A fireball that bounces along the ground
  • A knife that flies in a straight line
  • A boomerang
  • A bottle of holy water that starts a fire when it lands
  • A projectile that spirals outwards from your position, hitting all enemies on the way out
  • An axe thrown in an arc above you

Z

zircher

More randomness...
  • A halo that you can pull off your head and throw, it can bounce around a bit before returning. When wearing it you have a protective aura that disappears when in flight.
  • A falcon that climbs up and then dive attacks (bypassing shields and other barriers), it can also fetch small objects like gems and keys.
  • An octopus cloak that can lash out on command and pull/grapple enemies. Can also be used for swinging and perhaps attacking in multiple directions at the same time.
  • Classic sword on a chain, slash arc when held or fire as a short range thrust attack above and forward (aim-able)
  • Bo staff with alternate ground slam or pole vault kicks

Z

zombieattack

Limited use weapons that you scavenge from your immediate surroundings are interesting. For example if you're fighting in a factory, there may be pipes you can rip off walls and use them 10 times before they break, or an industrial drill that runs out of electricity after 10 seconds of constant use, etc. In a forest it could be picking up large sticks that break after a couple of uses or throwing rocks that break on impact.

[sorry did not realize this was a necro either.. how long till a thread is considered dead? this one is about 1 month old...]

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Ethanicus

I wanna see someone pack all of these into one game. Call it "Feature Creep."