• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Android fail compiling

J

Jeuiop

I was able to compile to android but then suddenly it keeps throwing me this error, i don't know why.

"DownloadTaskStatus set to Error"
dasdad.png
Anyone know s why this happens now?

C

Christian

It looks like the error is in the second line at
Code:
Exception on DownloadFileTo java.net.ConnectException: failed to connect to /192.168.0.1 (Port 51268): connect failed: ECONNREFUSED
, your screenshot cuts off there so I can't see the command window above it to see if this is the real point of error. Usually in this case, the error is above that.

Usually 192.168.0.1 is the gateway. Now we have an IP Address and a port number that we cannot connect to which tells us there's an issue in network communication. IE: A server is not on, a server is down, a server is running but can't communicate with us, there's no link between the two, they aren't connected to the same network, etc. I suspect this is a configuration issue or an environment one. Maybe something wasn't configured properly in the web server settings.

Since this could be any number of issues, here are some things to try (Note, I would strongly recommend keeping a notepad handy so you can record your default values. This way if you change anything, you can change it back to what it was before you changed it)
1.) First, let's ping to the IP address in question. This will just tell us whether or not we can see the other device.
Open your command prompt as an administrator. Type
Code:
ping 192.168.0.1
Then press enter. If your results say 100% failed, you have no connection to 192.168.0.1. If it says 100% success, you have a connection and we can rule that out as an issue.

2.) Look at your webserver settings in your preferences. Do you have a slash before 192.168.0.1? Is your local IP range 192.168.0.1? Or is it 192.168.1.0? You can follow this guide to find your IP http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216754688-How-To-Find-My-IP

3.) Write down the IP Address from your webserver preferences (Just in case these steps create unwanted results, we'll have something to fall back to.) You could try to set it to your PC's IPv4. You can also try the loopback address in your game's settings. (127.0.0.1). In your webserver settings, you can also try making sure it reads 192.168.1.0/24, don't know if it will make a difference or not but couldn't hurt to make sure all of your settings are correct.

4.) Check your computer firewall rules. Are inbound/outbound connections allowed? Are you able to check if local connections are allowed?

5.) Since the IP address in the command prompt window is typically a Gateway IP address, log in to your router and check your router's firewall. Is it allowing connections? Are either firewalls using port 51268 for a different process?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeuiop

It's still an on and off problem, sometimes it works perfectly sometimes it just keeps throwing the same error. I0va already tried the solutions you provide but nothing seems to really work.

C

Christian

Hmm, That's strange that it's on again, and off again. Have you tried:
-Clearing your cache, with a clean build?
-Running Gamemaker as an Admin
-Connecting a device/simulator to your pc, and running the game (Not building it). Does it show up on your device/simulator?
-Running in Debug mode, then go to http://www.portchecktool.com/ to check if port 51268 is open.
-Building the application with the device plugged in?
-Allowing network accessibility?
-Disabling "Install On Create Application", in your preferences? (It could be that it's trying to connect to a device that isn't on or connected via the router)

Are you able to copy and paste the entire command prompt window (You may censor passwords and any identifying information)? Did PING come back successful or failure? Are you behind a double router (A router is connected to another router)?

Last edited by a moderator: