• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Can't run GMS 2

Hello! I can't run my gamemaker studio 2 on laptop with windows 8.1. After I click twice on GMS 2 icon literally nothing happens. No error messages or anything like that.

Last edited:
First thing to try would be to uninstall GMS 2. Then disable any anti-virus/realtime file checking software. Then re-install.

Are you logged in as administrator? Are you installing to the default location.

First thing to try would be to uninstall GMS 2. Then disable any anti-virus/realtime file checking software. Then re-install.

Are you logged in as administrator? Are you installing to the default location.
I did reinstall it with diabled anti-virus, I am logged as administrator and yes i did install it to default location

rIKmAN

Is your version on Windows 8.1 64bit?
Does the laptop support DX11?

It usually gives an error message if this is the issue, but try copying "opengl32.dll" from "C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2\mesa" up one level into the main GameMaker Studio 2 folder and re-running the IDE.

Is your version on Windows 8.1 64bit?
Does the laptop support DX11?

It usually gives an error message if this is the issue, but try copying "opengl32.dll" from "C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2\mesa" up one level into the main GameMaker Studio 2 folder and re-running the IDE.
yes it is 64bit and it does supper DX11
copying "opengl32.dll" to main gms2 folder didnt change anything

rIKmAN

yes it is 64bit and it does supper DX11
copying "opengl32.dll" to main gms2 folder didnt change anything
I didn't think it would as I mentioned but it was worth a try - remember to delete the "opengl32.dll" you copied into the main folder.

Do you have any system protection / monitoring software on the laptop that could be interfering?
Did you try running it with your AV disabled and not just installing it with AV disabled?

What version of GMS2 are you installing?

I didn't think it would as I mentioned but it was worth a try - remember to delete the "opengl32.dll" you copied into the main folder.

Do you have any system protection / monitoring software on the laptop that could be interfering?
Did you try running it with your AV disabled and not just installing it with AV disabled?

What version of GMS2 are you installing?
The only thing that could interfering is immunet but it was disabled
I installed and try to run it with anti-virus disabled
EDIT: sorry i forgot to say im using gms2 v2.2.4.474

rIKmAN

The only thing that could interfering is immunet but it was disabled
I installed and try to run it with anti-virus disabled
EDIT: sorry i forgot to say im using gms2 v2.2.4.474
Is your Windows 8.1 fully up to date via Windows Update?
When you install GMS2, is everything ticked in the list of files to install?

Wondering whether Windows 8 is missing some required files like .NET dependencies etc, but you should be able to tick those during install of GMS2 to make sure.

Is your Windows 8.1 fully up to date via Windows Update?
When you install GMS2, is everything ticked in the list of files to install?

Wondering whether Windows 8 is missing some required files like .NET dependencies etc, but you should be able to tick those during install of GMS2 to make sure.
I can't believe I'm such an idiot. My windows wasn't fully updated. Sorry for wasting your time and thank you for help

Hello again.
I got new laptop and same thing is happening. Its 64bit and does support dx11. Gms2 has been installed with anti-virus disabled and windows is fully updated this time.