Error when trying to load after level changes

A

ABI7ITY

Hi.

I have an annoying issue that I can find a way around.
If I have the game saved and make edits to levels that have been completed in the save game I get the following error when trying to load the saved game.

Detailed example.

I play till level 5
Save the game
Edit level 4
Create the updated application
Install updated version
Open game
Load from previous save
Error pops up
of Step Event1
for object oPlayer:

Variable oPlayer.onGround(100046, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_oPlayer_Step_1
############################################################################################

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The output of game_save() can only be used with the exact same build, it is just a quick core dump. Change anything in the project and the alignments of all the data in old saves would go out of context. There is absolutely no telling what can come out of loading it.

Your only choice is to write your own saving system --- figure out what needs to be saved, then write those pieces into your format of choice (e.g. text, binary, INI, JSON, etc.).

A

ABI7ITY

The output of game_save() can only be used with the exact same build, it is just a quick core dump. Change anything in the project and the alignments of all the data in old saves would go out of context. There is absolutely no telling what can come out of loading it.

Your only choice is to write your own saving system --- figure out what needs to be saved, then write those pieces into your format of choice (e.g. text, binary, INI, JSON, etc.).
Thank you for the quick reply, I will look unto this asap <3