GameMaker GameMaker 2 Sale on HumbleBundle (28% Off!)

B

Brainworm

I saw this today too and I have a question regarding this: I own GMS2 Desktop on Steam. If I get GMS2 Web from the Humble Store, can I activate it on Steam? Because, sadly, it is not on sale on Steam.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Had a heart attack for a sec. I thought they're doing a $15 bundle with all the modules in it again. Which means GMS3 is already around the corner..
The GMS2 roadmap extends into 2021, if that's an indicator of anything at all.

I saw this today too and I have a question regarding this: I own GMS2 Desktop on Steam. If I get GMS2 Web from the Humble Store, can I activate it on Steam? Because, sadly, it is not on sale on Steam.
Link both to your YoYo account, then log into the IDE with it and the license should be reflected accordingly.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Yes. Just make sure that the Steam account is linked with your YoYo Account (note that you will probably have to log out of the IDE and log back in again to see the new licence).

Had a heart attack for a sec. I thought they're doing a $15 bundle with all the modules in it again. Which means GMS3 is already around the corner..
I don’t think it is really, given that it also caveats the roadmap contents with
Lol! Please, lets not start with the speculation! There is a LOT still to come for GMS2, as has been mentioned already by myself and Russell.... Some SPECTACULAR stuff is coming, and it's not GMS3. ;)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
C'mon, you know what I mean! the roadmap can change (obviously), but linking that to a quote about GMS3 is setting things up for speculation... ;)

rIKmAN

C'mon, you know what I mean! the roadmap can change (obviously), but linking that to a quote about GMS3 is setting things up for speculation... ;)
I was basically saying that the roadmap having content into Q4 2021 is no indication or assurance of anything - because it can change whenever and has done previously.
The 2021 roadmap is very generic with nothing specific planned on there other than "updates" and "bugfixes", and that can be fulfilled whether 3.x exists then or not so there isn't anything to worry about. ;)

Either way 2021 is 2yrs away which is a long time - I'm way more excited to get my hands on the next update than thinking what may happen 2yrs from now, I could get run over by a bus tomorrow.

RizbIT

wait... some days.. you'll find and offficial 50% discount on above modules :)
(press release in my inbox)

days?

Alos if i just want to compile apk and ios apps do i just buy the mobile version product or do you alos have to buy the creator or desktop version too

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
There are no "versions" as you call them, only export modules. Whatever modules you buy determines which platforms you will or won't be able to export to, so if all you need is mobile platforms... get the mobile export. ;)

S

Sam (Deleted User)

The things of which nightmares are made, and we still have almost a full year until halloween.

MaGicBush

It says 20% off not 28%, but yea I am tempted! I just wonder if it will be a bit more around Christmas? $80 is still high for me since I am going to be using it as a hobby and wont make money off of it. Though I guess a AAA game with a season pass costs more so eh.. but I never buy such games lol.

rIKmAN

It says 20% off not 28%, but yea I am tempted! I just wonder if it will be a bit more around Christmas? $80 is still high for me since I am going to be using it as a hobby and wont make money off of it.
It's 20%, I think OP made a typo in the title.

There have been deals both on Steam and the YYG website before which were for more than 20%, but they aren't announced in advance so you just have to take your chances and hope that you aren't waiting too long for the next one that's better than 20%.

Maybe grab a 12mth Creators licence in the meantime which is only £25 right now, and then you can save towards upgrading to a full licence.
If you upgrade from Creators > Desktop within those 12mths you will get a 30% discount.

MaGicBush

It's 20%, I think OP made a typo in the title.

There have been deals both on Steam and the YYG website before which were for more than 20%, but they aren't announced in advance so you just have to take your chances and hope that you aren't waiting too long for the next one that's better than 20%.

Maybe grab a 12mth Creators licence in the meantime which is only £25 right now, and then you can save towards upgrading to a full licence.
If you upgrade from Creators > Desktop within those 12mths you will get a 30% discount.
I didn't think about grabbing that creator license. So if I upgrade later around February(with my income tax) I'd pay $70 basically? With the 20% off I'd actually end up still paying $2 more all together though since it's $32 with the discount right now. It also mentions a splash screen being added to games. Though I doubt I'd have a game made by the time I upgraded lol. I dunno I'll think about it, but thanks for the idea.

jackquake

Oh really? haha.
Maybe someone at Humble made a typo and corrected it, it's been 20% for me since day one and makes more sense with the 20th birthday stuff.
Well, my email now states 20% off of the price where all of them are listed. Either Im getting old or someone corrected the percentage to 20%. No reply needed to this post! ;)

rIKmAN

I didn't think about grabbing that creator license. So if I upgrade later around February(with my income tax) I'd pay $70 basically? With the 20% off I'd actually end up still paying $2 more all together though since it's $32 with the discount right now. It also mentions a splash screen being added to games. Though I doubt I'd have a game made by the time I upgraded lol. I dunno I'll think about it, but thanks for the idea.
There's more info on the upgrade discount here but it's basically 30% off the $99 price if you upgrade within the 12mths of your Creators Licence.
Also the Creators licence only exports to Windows OR Mac (not both) and as you say has a splash screen.

Keep your eye on Steam sales and the YYG Twitter / newsletter for future sales as one might come up that works out cheaper than upgrading from Creators if that's the route you went.

@jackquake: No reply given ;)