• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Game Maker Highscore Advice

B

bacpacktech

Hello Guys, I am working on a small project, but I am new to Game Maker. I have managed to set up local highscore displays and it works great. However, I have installed my project on a local server at work and everyone can play it, but each computer seems to have its own high scores only. In other words, the high scores are not synced. I assume its because each PC still saves its local data in its own dir. I dont need the scores to show up online, so I dont think I need a server. Just wondering, would saving and loading highscores from an INI file solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

rytan451

Hi!

Saving and loading highscores to an INI file will be done on the local machine (the person's own computer). Thus, the highscores will still be per-machine. If you want to be able to share highscores between more than one computer, you will need some sort of communication between the computers. This often does require a server.