• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Debugger disconnects constantly

bsabiston

Is there any trick to getting the debugger to not drop the connection? I can't step through three lines of code without the stupid debugger quitting on me. It's basically unusable and is very frustrating. Is it this way for everyone? Is there something known to trigger this problem?

Thanks
Bob

bsabiston

This still happens to me all the time. No one else has problems with the debugger always losing connection?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I've never had the debugger drop the connection on me as long as it's connecting to 127.0.0.1. If it keeps dropping the line across a network (e.g. debugging on Mac, Ubuntu, iOS or Android), then it's your Wi-Fi setup that needs to be looked at, not GMS.

bsabiston

I'm not debugging across a network. But I am running the whole thing (GMS and the app) in Windows 7 running in Parallels on a Mac. That doesn't cause a problem with any other software I have, but maybe that is the problem. All I know is that debugger is almost unusable for me.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I have a VirtualBox Windows guest + Mac OS X host setup at home with GMS on it, never had an issue.

Which networking mode is used on your setup?

bsabiston

OK thanks. I have Bridged Ethernet Networking. I'm able to compile for iOS, run my game on Mac or on the phone, even get the debugger to run when connected to the iPhone. But simply doing regular debugging on the Windows desktop version of the game is just super flaky. Sometimes I can step through a decent segment of code. Other times as soon as I step into a function, it disconnects. It rarely stays connected for very long.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Try switching to Shared mode or disconnecting altogether when debugging on Windows. And if all else fails, there's always Boot Camp.