GML Has anyone achieved designing a OTP game maker script?

I've noticed there hasn't been a TOTP or HOTP around in game maker studio before but has anyone really achieved this before? I'm looking at designing a sort of test game where a developer would use a 2FA code to enter in some sort of dev mode. If it's impossible then please let me know, it's something I am looking forward to attempting at.

Gamebot

So you want an algorithm to be deep encrypted for passwords so one can dev there own game?

Why not use ds_map with one of the functions with the following:

ds_map_secure

for the password. As far as saving data for the dev mode you could just have a text box which allows players to at least in part code there own game. Though you would have to set up your own token system to. Otherwise an input box might be better where they simply type a one line command:

speed += 5;

You could set it up so the instance id runs that code. So if player one typed it in. Player 1's speed = +5.

Last edited:
Well that's not entirely what I mean..

What I meant was how a developer has a phone and they can enter a 6 digit number that is generated based on time and would last 30 seconds before another 6 digit number would show. Sorry if my answers weren't understandable but ya it's something i'm trying to achieve with. Something that uses unix timestamp and I already have the script for the unix timestamp.

Last edited:

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Taking a peek at one of existing specs would be a good start;

Alternatively, having server-based auth with HMAC would be slightly less secure (possible to replay by spoofing system time and server responses), but still not too bad.
Why not use ds_map with one of the functions with the following:

ds_map_secure
That's pretty bad advice, ds_map_secure is just base64 with a machine-specific hash in front.