• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM License Big BIG Trouble

Hi everyone! :D
Weird one here: I understand that I can't upload an Android APK to Google Play using GM14.9999. So here's the matter, I have a project I've been working on 2 years, and I want to upgrade to GMS2. Do I have to pay again for GMS2? And also buy the license once again?
(Let me be clear I'm not complaining, I just need to know this so I will start collecting the money :D ).

Another weird one : Maybe this has to be put somwhere else, but this should make clear why I'm asking the previous question. I know for sure that I have a Professional Edition GM14.9999, however if I log in to yoyogames in purchase history only GM Standard Edition is shown.

I have the license key, but it seems I did the purchase with a different yoyo account. I've checked my mail accounts, and couldn't find any mails from yoyo regarding the purchase. Also because of this, I can't contact tech support, they ask the ID they gave me when I did the order, wich I don't have, because I don't know what the mail account was anymore.

So the second question is ; If I give them the License and show whatever way that I have the professional edition, can they somehow tell me to what account the license is linked? So that I can recover it and upgrade the licensed account?

Is there any other way to contact tech support? By tech support I mean the Contact voice down below in yoyogames website.

Hope I was clear o_O

curato

You will need to upgrade for Google play as they are requiring something you can't do with version 1. There may be other places you can publish that are not so picky.

The other stuff you need to talk to support. I am not aware of any phone number to talk to someone directly.

rIKmAN

I see... Mmmmhhh...
Is there any way to know what License Key I am using right now? That also would be helpful
Have you contacted support and explained all this?

Nobody on the forum can help with licencing issues so you are best contacting them and trying to resolve things.

Have you contacted support and explained all this?

Nobody on the forum can help with licencing issues so you are best contacting them and trying to resolve things.
Thanks for the interest! :D

Problem is, if I try to get help in the "Contact Us" section, they require me to type in a Transaction ID that I can't find.
I'm trying to recover some info, but with no success until now.
All I have is a License Key, but I have no idea to what yoyogames account it is linked :confused:

Any suggestion? ;)

rIKmAN

Thanks for the interest! :D

Problem is, if I try to get help in the "Contact Us" section, they require me to type in a Transaction ID that I can't find.
I'm trying to recover some info, but with no success until now.
All I have is a License Key, but I have no idea to what yoyogames account it is linked :confused:

Any suggestion? ;)
Explain all this to support and see what they say - and keep trying to get access to the email that you used when you registered.
Where did you purchase the licence?

It was an humble bundle I think.

Also, I should have clarified this before:
I'm asking this in the hope that once I prove to have both GM and the Professional License I will be able to upgrade and kind of "pass the license from GM14.9999 to GMS2" without paying.

If that is not the case, I will simply buy both GMS2 and the License. So there will be no need for this troubleshooting.

And if that is not the case I apologize to you guys for wasting your time.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
In that case, we can cut this short, as there are no free upgrades between major versions. This has never been an option.

The time period for 1.x -> 2.x upgrade discounts has unfortunately also expired.

No need to apologize, though - it's always worth a try. :)

rIKmAN

It was an humble bundle I think.

Also, I should have clarified this before:
I'm asking this in the hope that once I prove to have both GM and the Professional License I will be able to upgrade and kind of "pass the license from GM14.9999 to GMS2" without paying.

If that is not the case, I will simply buy both GMS2 and the License. So there will be no need for this troubleshooting.

And if that is not the case I apologize to you guys for wasting your time.
As Tsuka said there is no 1.4 > 2.x upgrade for free, although there was a period of time wher 1.4 owners got discounts when upgrading but that that has long gone now.

Seem like the best option for you is to buy a GMS2 licence that suits your needs and make a new account that you can remember the details of to link the licence to.
Check out the various licences here: https://www.yoyogames.com/get

Note that you should also check Steam as the prices can be a bit cheaper on there at times and you can link your Steam account to your YYG account and also use the standalone version.

Welcome to the community and have fun with GMS2!