• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Difficulty Creating Executable

I'm on a Mac attempting to create a successful executable. When I say "successful," what I mean is that although I'm able to make a zip, I get a message that the app is 'damaged and can't be opened' (along with a few other strange things) —please bare with me...

* When I press "Create Executable" button in the IDE, I of course get this prompt:

Fig_A.png

I just decided to create a tiny game for the sake of practicing this titled, TheAppleTester.
* So after I hit save here, the build starts and I then get this open folder:

Fig_B.png

* The zip appears on my desktop, and when I attempt to unzip, I get this strange prompt:

Fig_C.png

* This one really doesn't make any sense to me, but I fill in my Apple info. After that, I attempt to open the app and then I get this message:

Fig_D.png

* And that's where things are right now. I should note that the project does in fact show up in my Xcode (Xcode11, which is the latest, and I'm running Catalina).

* Here is my output from GMS2 IDE:

Code:
Saving project to: /Users/seansweeney/Desktop/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.yyp

"/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono"  /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Package

Loaded Macros from /Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9/macros.json

Options: /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/platform_setting_defaults.json

Options: /Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/seancatherine_1402738/local_settings.json

Failed to load Options from /Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/seancatherine_1402738/local_settings.json

Options: /Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9/targetoptions.json

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe  /c /zpex /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8  /gn="TheAppleTester" /td="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP" /cd="/Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9" /zpuf="/Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/seancatherine_1402738" /m=llvm-mac /tgt=2 /llvmSource="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/yyc/"  /nodnd /cfg="default" /o="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_2D24F02B_YYC" /sh=True /optionsini="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_2D24F02B_YYC/options.ini" /baseproject="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "/Users/seansweeney/Desktop/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.yyp" /preprocess="/Users/seansweeney

/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9"

Reading project file..../Users/seansweeney/Desktop/TheAppleTester

Reading project file..../Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/BaseProject

Reading config delta '/Users/seansweeney/Desktop/TheAppleTester/options/main/inherited/options_main.inherited.yy'

finished.

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono DONE (0)

Release build

Options: /Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9/PlatformOptions.json

homedir : /Users/seansweeney

remote_install_path : /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester

Options: /Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9/ExtensionOptions.json

PlatformOptions

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe  /c /zpex /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8  /gn="TheAppleTester" /td="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP" /cd="/Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9" /zpuf="/Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/seancatherine_1402738" /m=llvm-mac /tgt=2 /llvmSource="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/yyc/"  /nodnd /cfg="default" /o="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_2D24F02B_YYC" /sh=True /optionsini="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_2D24F02B_YYC/options.ini" /baseproject="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "/Users/seansweeney/Desktop/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.yyp" /optionsini="/var/folders/nz/1r

g3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_2D24F02B_YYC/options.ini"  /bt=exe /rt=yyc

Reading project file..../Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/BaseProject

Reading config delta '/Users/seansweeney/Desktop/TheAppleTester/options/main/inherited/options_main.inherited.yy'

finished.

Compile Constants...finished.

Remove DnD...finished.

Compile Scripts...finished.

Compile Objects...finished.

Compile Timelines...finished.

Compile Triggers...finished.

Compile Rooms...finished.

Compile Extensions...finished.

Global scripts...finished.

finished.

collapsing enums.

Final Compile...finished.

Writing Chunk... GEN8

option_game_speed=60

Writing Chunk... OPTN

Writing Chunk... LANG

Writing Chunk... EXTN

Writing Chunk... SOND

Writing Chunk... AGRP

Writing Chunk... SPRT

Writing Chunk... BGND

Writing Chunk... PATH

Writing Chunk... SCPT

Writing Chunk... GLOB

Writing Chunk... SHDR

Writing Chunk... FONT

Writing Chunk... TMLN

Writing Chunk... OBJT

Writing Chunk... ROOM

Writing Chunk... DAFL

Writing Chunk... EMBI

Writing Chunk... TPAGE

Texture Group - Default1

Writing Chunk... TGIN

Writing Chunk... STRG

Writing Chunk... TXTR

0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...

Writing Chunk... AUDO

saving file /var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_2D24F02B_YYC/TheAppleTester.ios

Stats : GMA : Elapsed=471.526

Stats : GMA : sp=1,au=0,bk=0,pt=0,sc=0,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=0,ro=1,da=0,ex=0,ma=2,fm=0x0

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && mkdir -p \"/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester\""

/bin/bash DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && mkdir -p \"/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTesterFromPC\""

/bin/bash DONE (0)

rsync -ap "/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_2D24F02B_YYC/TheAppleTester/" "/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTesterFromPC/"

rsync DONE (0)

cp  "/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/YYC/Mac/bin/iconcreate.sh" "/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/iconcreate.sh"

cp DONE (0)

cp  "/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/BaseProject/options/mac/icons/1024.png" "/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png"

cp DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && chmod +x /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/iconcreate.sh"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/iconcreate.sh /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTesterFromPC/TheAppleTester/Supporting\ Files/icon.icns"

+ dirOutput=IconSet.iconset

+ rm -rf IconSet.iconset

+ mkdir -p IconSet.iconset

+ sips -z 16 16 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/icon_16x16.png

/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png

/Users/seansweeney/IconSet.iconset/icon_16x16.png

+ sips -z 32 32 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/[email protected]

/Users/seansweeney/IconSet.iconset/[email protected]

+ sips -z 32 32 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/icon_32x32.png

/Users/seansweeney/IconSet.iconset/icon_32x32.png

+ sips -z 64 64 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/[email protected]

+ sips -z 128 128 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/icon_128x128.png

/Users/seansweeney/IconSet.iconset/icon_128x128.png

+ sips -z 256 256 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/[email protected]

+ sips -z 256 256 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/icon_256x256.png

/Users/seansweeney/IconSet.iconset/icon_256x256.png

+ sips -z 512 512 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/[email protected]

+ sips -z 512 512 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/icon_512x512.png

/Users/seansweeney/IconSet.iconset/icon_512x512.png

+ sips -z 1024 1024 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/[email protected]

+ iconutil -c icns IconSet.iconset -o '/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTesterFromPC/TheAppleTester/Supporting Files/icon.icns'

+ rm -R IconSet.iconset

/bin/bash DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && rsync -c -r /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTesterFromPC/ /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && cd /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester; if [ ! -d  TheAppleTester.xcodeproj/xc*data ]; then open TheAppleTester.xcodeproj; while [ ! -d  /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.xcodeproj/xc*data ]; do sleep 2; done; fi;"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

Build settings from command line:

ARCHS = x86_64

VALID_ARCHS = x86_64

ARCHS = x86_64

VALID_ARCHS = x86_64

SymLink TheAppleTester.app to TheAppleTester.app

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && rm -rf /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.app"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

Found archive /Users/seansweeney/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2019-10-10/TheAppleTester 10-10-19, 5.00 PM.xcarchive

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && cp -r /Users/seansweeney/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2019-10-10/TheAppleTester\ 10-10-19,\ 5.00\ PM.xcarchive/Products/Applications/TheAppleTester.app /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && rm -f \"/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.zip\"; cd /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester; zip -r TheAppleTester.zip TheAppleTester.app"

adding: TheAppleTester.app/ (stored 0%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/ (stored 0%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/_CodeSignature/ (stored 0%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources (deflated 75%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/MacOS/ (stored 0%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/MacOS/TheAppleTester (deflated 55%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/Resources/ (stored 0%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/ (stored 0%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib (deflated 37%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings (deflated 21%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/Resources/icon.icns (deflated 34%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/Resources/game.ios (deflated 67%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/Resources/options.ini (deflated 38%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/Resources/splash.png (deflated 27%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/Resources/game.ini (deflated 38%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/Frameworks/ (stored 0%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/Frameworks/libYoYoIAP.dylib (deflated 74%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/Info.plist (deflated 64%)

adding: TheAppleTester.app/Contents/PkgInfo (stored 0%)

/bin/bash DONE (0)

Preference 'cloud.General Settings.Compiling.OpenPackagesInExplorer' being ignored - String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && open -R \"/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.app\""

/bin/bash DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && open -a \"/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.app\" "

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed for the application /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.app with error -10810.

/bin/bash exited with non-zero status (1)

elapsed time 00:00:06.2390870s for command "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Package started at 10/11/2019 11:03:04

FAILED: Package Program Complete
* So if anyone could help me troubleshoot any of this, it would be much appreciated. Please note that I stopped trying to be a programmer many months ago and decided to design games and hire actual programmers (I mention this because I know it can be frustrating to try to explain these problems to a guy like me)... My programmer is not a mac guy, so yes, please help.
thx.

Last edited:
The file might have been quarantined by GateKeeper. There is a command you can run to remove the quarantine flag from the file, or copying the app to your desktop used to work as well I think.

Here's an article mentioning it : https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2...ended-attribute-from-downloaded-applications/

Or, it could be something to do with the new licensing requirements of Apple, which I know nothing about yet.
I just read that thread you linked regarding deactivating quarantine in terminal. I don't feel quite confident enough to change things around in terminal. I really don't believe that this would be the, or, a culprit because I did fresh installs of MacOs, GMS2, and Xcode11 yesterday (something needing to be done in terminal would strike me as being a problem with either 3 of the programs I mentioned). I just happened to get the licensing situation under control yesterday as well... I have the proper certificates, and they're in the right places (GMS2 accessed those without a problem). What I do wonder about is that there is a new "notarization" policy going on with Apple now via MacOS Catalina 10.15. If I understand correctly, Apple requires Devs to upload apps via Xcode for this notarization. Then a "ticket" is created that can be seen in Xcode, which in turn gives the Dev ability to distribute (I think that this process used to just be elective up until now). So it might be possible that I cannot get my app to open on the desktop because it has not been notarized. This is a "chicken-or-the-egg" thing it seems because I'd thought I needed to get this app working/accessible prior to uploading to Apple. I'll have to see if I can upload to them from Xcode (where it also exists). But if you didn't find any stupid mistakes in my output, I suppose that's a good thing thus far.

Last edited:
And regarding my attempts to create executable to Steam, that's not working either. Here is the info on that:

* My options are filled out like so:

Fig_E.png
Fig_F.png

* I followed the instructions listed at the following link, but I still get a code signing error:

https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001624727-macOS-Compiling-Your-App

* Here is my GMS2 output after the attempt:

Code:
Saving project to: /Users/seansweeney/Desktop/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.yyp

"/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono"  /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Package

Loaded Macros from /Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9/macros.json

Options: /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/platform_setting_defaults.json

Options: /Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/seancatherine_1402738/local_settings.json

Options: /Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9/targetoptions.json

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe  /c /zpex /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8  /gn="TheAppleTester" /td="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP" /cd="/Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9" /zpuf="/Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/seancatherine_1402738" /m=llvm-mac /tgt=2 /llvmSource="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/yyc/"  /nodnd /cfg="default" /o="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_499D068F_YYC" /sh=True /optionsini="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_499D068F_YYC/options.ini" /baseproject="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "/Users/seansweeney/Desktop/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.yyp" /preprocess="/Users/seansweeney

/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9"

finished.

Release build

Options: /Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9/PlatformOptions.json

homedir : /Users/seansweeney

remote_install_path : /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester

Options: /Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9/ExtensionOptions.json

PlatformOptions

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe  /c /zpex /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8  /gn="TheAppleTester" /td="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP" /cd="/Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9" /zpuf="/Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/seancatherine_1402738" /m=llvm-mac /tgt=2 /llvmSource="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/yyc/"  /nodnd /cfg="default" /o="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_499D068F_YYC" /sh=True /optionsini="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_499D068F_YYC/options.ini" /baseproject="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "/Users/seansweeney/Desktop/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.yyp" /optionsini="/var/folders/nz/1r

g3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_499D068F_YYC/options.ini"  /bt=exe /rt=yyc

finished.

Compile Constants...finished.

Remove DnD...finished.

Compile Scripts...finished.

Compile Objects...finished.

Compile Timelines...finished.

Compile Triggers...finished.

Compile Rooms...finished.

Compile Extensions...finished.

Global scripts...finished.

finished.

collapsing enums.

Final Compile...finished.

Writing Chunk... GEN8

option_game_speed=60

Writing Chunk... OPTN

Writing Chunk... LANG

Writing Chunk... EXTN

Writing Chunk... SOND

Writing Chunk... AGRP

Writing Chunk... SPRT

Writing Chunk... BGND

Writing Chunk... PATH

Writing Chunk... SCPT

Writing Chunk... GLOB

Writing Chunk... SHDR

Writing Chunk... FONT

Writing Chunk... TMLN

Writing Chunk... OBJT

Writing Chunk... ROOM

Writing Chunk... DAFL

Writing Chunk... EMBI

Writing Chunk... TPAGE

Texture Group - Default1

Writing Chunk... TGIN

Writing Chunk... STRG

Writing Chunk... TXTR

0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...

Writing Chunk... AUDO

saving file /var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_499D068F_YYC/TheAppleTester.ios

Stats : GMA : Elapsed=474.25

Stats : GMA : sp=1,au=0,bk=0,pt=0,sc=0,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=0,ro=1,da=0,ex=0,ma=2,fm=0x0

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && mkdir -p \"/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester\""

/bin/bash DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && mkdir -p \"/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTesterFromPC\""

/bin/bash DONE (0)

Options: /Users/seansweeney/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/TheAppleTe_2FD246C8_FF610B9/steam_options.yy

Failed to copy Steam DLL - '/Users/seansweeney/Desktop/sdk/redistributable_bin/osx32/libsteam_api.dylib' - SDK not installed properly?

rsync -ap "/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/TheAppleTester_499D068F_YYC/TheAppleTester/" "/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTesterFromPC/"

rsync DONE (0)

cp  "/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/YYC/Mac/bin/iconcreate.sh" "/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/iconcreate.sh"

cp DONE (0)

cp  "/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/BaseProject/options/mac/icons/1024.png" "/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png"

cp DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && chmod +x /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/iconcreate.sh"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/iconcreate.sh /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTesterFromPC/TheAppleTester/Supporting\ Files/icon.icns"

+ dirOutput=IconSet.iconset

+ rm -rf IconSet.iconset

+ mkdir -p IconSet.iconset

+ sips -z 16 16 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/icon_16x16.png

/Users/seansweeney/IconSet.iconset/icon_16x16.png

+ sips -z 32 32 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/[email protected]

+ sips -z 32 32 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/icon_32x32.png

/Users/seansweeney/IconSet.iconset/icon_32x32.png

+ sips -z 64 64 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/[email protected]

+ sips -z 128 128 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/icon_128x128.png

/Users/seansweeney/IconSet.iconset/icon_128x128.png

+ sips -z 256 256 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/[email protected]

+ sips -z 256 256 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/icon_256x256.png

/Users/seansweeney/IconSet.iconset/icon_256x256.png

+ sips -z 512 512 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/[email protected]

+ sips -z 512 512 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/icon_512x512.png

/Users/seansweeney/IconSet.iconset/icon_512x512.png

+ sips -z 1024 1024 /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/icon512.png --out IconSet.iconset/[email protected]

+ iconutil -c icns IconSet.iconset -o '/Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTesterFromPC/TheAppleTester/Supporting Files/icon.icns'

+ rm -R IconSet.iconset

/bin/bash DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && rsync -c -r /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTesterFromPC/ /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && cd /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester; if [ ! -d  TheAppleTester.xcodeproj/xc*data ]; then open TheAppleTester.xcodeproj; while [ ! -d  /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.xcodeproj/xc*data ]; do sleep 2; done; fi;"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

ARCHS = x86_64

VALID_ARCHS = x86_64

ARCHS = x86_64

VALID_ARCHS = x86_64

SymLink TheAppleTester.app to TheAppleTester.app

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && rm -rf /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester/TheAppleTester.app"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

Found archive /Users/seansweeney/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2019-10-11/TheAppleTester 10-11-19, 6.30 PM.xcarchive

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && cp -r /Users/seansweeney/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2019-10-11/TheAppleTester\ 10-11-19,\ 6.30\ PM.xcarchive/Products/Applications/TheAppleTester.app /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/TheAppleTester"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && security unlock-keychain -u && security find-certificate -c 'Developer ID Application: Solemn Acres Studios LLC (FH88V3C5AP)'"

keychain: "/Users/seansweeney/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db"

version: 512

class: 0x80001000

attributes:

"alis"<blob>="Developer ID Application: Solemn Acres Studios LLC (FH88V3C5AP)"

"cenc"<uint32>=0x00000003

"ctyp"<uint32>=0x00000001

"hpky"<blob>=0xD08342A37FA8C33B55128A65D968E1E2F64909F9  "\320\203B\243\177\250\303;U\022\212e\331h\341\342\366I\011\371"

"issu"<blob>=0x3079312D302B06035504030C24446576656C6F7065722049442043657274696669636174696F6E20417574686F7269747931263024060355040B0C1D4170706C652043657274696669636174696F6E20417574686F7269747931133011060355040A0C0A4170706C6520496E632E310B3009060355040613025553  "0y1-0+\006\003U\004\003\014$Developer ID Certification Authority1&0$\006\003U\004\013\014\035Apple Certification Authority1\0230\021\006\003U\004\012\014\012Apple Inc.1\0130\011\006\003U\004\006\023\002US"

"labl"<blob>="Developer ID Application: Solemn Acres Studios LLC (FH88V3C5AP)"

"skid"<blob>=0xD08342A37FA8C33B55128A65D968E1E2F64909F9  "\320\203B\243\177\250\303;U\022\212e\331h\341\342\366I\011\371"

"snbr"<blob>=0x24F37AD06686F9B6  "$\363z\320f\206\371\266"

"subj"<blob>=0x3081AB311A3018060A0992268993F22C6401010C0A464838385633433541503148304606035504030C3F446576656C6F706572204944204170706C69636174696F6E3A20536F6C656D6E2041637265732053747564696F73204C4C432028464838385633433541502931133011060355040B0C0A464838385633433541503121301F060355040A0C18536F6C656D6E2041637265732053747564696F73204C4C43310B3009060355040613025553  "0\201\2531\0320\030\006\012\011\222&\211\223\362,d\001\001\014\012FH88V3C5AP1H0F\006\003U\004\003\014?Developer ID Application: Solemn Acres Studios LLC (FH88V3C5AP)1\0230\021\006\003U\004\013\014\012FH88V3C5AP1!0\037\006\003U\004\012\014\030Solemn Acres Studios LLC1\0130\011\006\003U\004\006\023\002US"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

System.Exception: Error codesigning .app (1):Developer ID Application: Solemn Acres Studios LLC (FH88V3C5AP): no identity found

at .. (System.String , System.String , System.String ) [0x0024e] in <a4302f95d3bf42528d28d756e7b1efea>:0

at Igor.MacBuilder.PackageYYC (System.String _dir) [0x008a2] in <a4302f95d3bf42528d28d756e7b1efea>:0

at Igor.MacBuilder.Package () [0x002e2] in <a4302f95d3bf42528d28d756e7b1efea>:0

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00032] in <bb7b695b8c6246b3ac1646577aea7650>:0

Igor complete.

elapsed time 00:00:05.4002460s for command "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Package started at 10/11/2019 19:30:28

* So I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I have the Steam sdk on my desktop, but nothing lands in that folder. My Apple certificate is in the right place in my login keychain, but I don't know why it can't be accessed in this situation while being successfully accessed when targeting the Mac app store. Any thoughts?

I don't know. Is there a place in the IDE where I could find out?
I'm beginning to think that you were right in your first response... I just upgraded to GMNS2 v2.2.4.464 this morning, and the release notes mentioned some interesting things about Catalina. It would appear that notarization must take place with Apple before any executable can be put anywhere other than Xcode (I think).

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
I don't know how sensitive those app ids and developer ids are, but I'd either take the images down or edit them to cover those up.

Is there a place in the IDE where I could find out?
In Finder->About This Mac->System Report. Then check under the Software section, there should be information about which programs are 32bit / 64bit.

Also, I just noticed, in your Signing Identifier Field in Options->Mac OS->General, its prefixed with "Developer ID Application:" <- I thought this is just the default text, and isn't part of your actual signing identifier, and should be removed.

In Finder->About This Mac->System Report. Then check under the Software section, there should be information about which programs are 32bit / 64bit.

Also, I just noticed, in your Signing Identifier Field in Options->Mac OS->General, its prefixed with "Developer ID Application:" <- I thought this is just the default text, and isn't part of your actual signing identifier, and should be removed.
Ok, I just checked on your first point and GMS2 is 64-bit. Your 2nd point is interesting because I've not tried that variation (of erasing that given-prefixed text). I repeatedly kept it there because that exact text is prefixed in my actual certificate ("signing identifier"). I'll report back soon.

I've created a new test project, "NewAppleTesterGame" and made/registered an app ID for it in Apple Developer.

* My options were filled out like so:

Screenshot_1.png

* This time I didn't get a prompt to enter my Apple ID info, not did I get the message that the app was damaged. When I pressed "create executable" my Xcode opened up and the project was there:

Screenshot_2.png

* I had the entire output entered, but I exceeded '5000 character' limit rule for posting, so here is the very end of that:

Code:
** ARCHIVE SUCCEEDED **

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && rm -rf /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/NewAppleTesterGame/NewAppleTesterGame.app"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

Found archive /Users/seansweeney/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2019-10-19/NewAppleTesterGame 10-19-19, 7.15 AM.xcarchive

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && cp -r /Users/seansweeney/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2019-10-19/NewAppleTesterGame\ 10-19-19,\ 7.15\ AM.xcarchive/Products/Applications/NewAppleTesterGame.app /Users/seansweeney/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/NewAppleTesterGame"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && security unlock-keychain -u && security find-certificate -c 'Solemn Acres Studios LLC (FH88V3C5AP)'"

keychain: "/Users/seansweeney/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db"

version: 512

class: 0x80001000

attributes:

"alis"<blob>="Developer ID Application: Solemn Acres Studios LLC (FH88V3C5AP)"

"cenc"<uint32>=0x00000003

"ctyp"<uint32>=0x00000001

"hpky"<blob>=0xD08342A37FA8C33B55128A65D968E1E2F64909F9  "\320\203B\243\177\250\303;U\022\212e\331h\341\342\366I\011\371"

"issu"<blob>=0x3079312D302B06035504030C24446576656C6F7065722049442043657274696669636174696F6E20417574686F7269747931263024060355040B0C1D4170706C652043657274696669636174696F6E20417574686F7269747931133011060355040A0C0A4170706C6520496E632E310B3009060355040613025553  "0y1-0+\006\003U\004\003\014$Developer ID Certification Authority1&0$\006\003U\004\013\014\035Apple Certification Authority1\0230\021\006\003U\004\012\014\012Apple Inc.1\0130\011\006\003U\004\006\023\002US"

"labl"<blob>="Developer ID Application: Solemn Acres Studios LLC (FH88V3C5AP)"

"skid"<blob>=0xD08342A37FA8C33B55128A65D968E1E2F64909F9  "\320\203B\243\177\250\303;U\022\212e\331h\341\342\366I\011\371"

"snbr"<blob>=0x24F37AD06686F9B6  "$\363z\320f\206\371\266"

"subj"<blob>=0x3081AB311A3018060A0992268993F22C6401010C0A464838385633433541503148304606035504030C3F446576656C6F706572204944204170706C69636174696F6E3A20536F6C656D6E2041637265732053747564696F73204C4C432028464838385633433541502931133011060355040B0C0A464838385633433541503121301F060355040A0C18536F6C656D6E2041637265732053747564696F73204C4C43310B3009060355040613025553  "0\201\2531\0320\030\006\012\011\222&\211\223\362,d\001\001\014\012FH88V3C5AP1H0F\006\003U\004\003\014?Developer ID Application: Solemn Acres Studios LLC (FH88V3C5AP)1\0230\021\006\003U\004\013\014\012FH88V3C5AP1!0\037\006\003U\004\012\014\030Solemn Acres Studios LLC1\0130\011\006\003U\004\006\023\002US"

/bin/bash DONE (0)

System.Exception: Error codesigning .app (1):Solemn Acres Studios LLC (FH88V3C5AP): ambiguous (matches "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Solemn Acres Studios LLC (FH88V3C5AP)" and "Apple Distribution: Solemn Acres Studios LLC (FH88V3C5AP)" in /Users/seansweeney/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db)

at .. (System.String , System.String , System.String ) [0x0024e] in <a59a0c1b15d34b7c86623f886f1f8322>:0

at Igor.MacBuilder.PackageYYC (System.String _dir) [0x008a2] in <a59a0c1b15d34b7c86623f886f1f8322>:0

at Igor.MacBuilder.Package () [0x002e2] in <a59a0c1b15d34b7c86623f886f1f8322>:0

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00032] in <bb7b695b8c6246b3ac1646577aea7650>:0

Igor complete.

elapsed time 00:00:11.5635020s for command "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.372/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/nz/1rg3394j5cj5h3nx_vgsb34c0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Package started at 10/19/2019 07:15:21

* So the output mentions 'ambiguous,' pertaining to that I have other certificates in my login keychain ending in my company name and team identifier. So it would seem that I'll need to have the prefix in order to designate which certificate if accessed by GMS2... But again, it's strange that it didn't take it the first time when the prefix was included. What's also strange is that I didn't get those 2 prompts/messages like before. I think that Apple will simply not allow any executable to exist anywhere without the app being notarized first because the project went directly to Xcode (and was 'successful') —"Archive succeeded." This is apparently where the app is sent to notary, and then a "ticket' is produced.

Note: What's also different this time is that a zip didn't appear on my desktop. One did appear last time, but was unable to open because of 'damage.'

It shouldn't hurt things if I send a test project to notary just to see what happens. I'll try that and report back.

Last edited:
Hmm, sounds like you're getting closer, have you tried putting "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Solemn Acres Studios LLC" as your signing identifier yet?

I just checked on your first point and GMS2 is 64-bit
Oh right, yeah I was already pretty sure GMS 2 was 64-bit, I meant checking the compiled executable (.app) file of your game(unless you already checked that). On my Mac, some of my compiled games showed up as being 32-bit apps.

Hmm, sounds like you're getting closer, have you tried putting "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Solemn Acres Studios LLC" as your signing identifier yet?

Oh right, yeah I was already pretty sure GMS 2 was 64-bit, I meant checking the compiled executable (.app) file of your game(unless you already checked that). On my Mac, some of my compiled games showed up as being 32-bit apps.
It does feel like I'm getting closer; but it also seems like a "chicken/egg" thing with my apple developer situation... The reason I say that is because the deeper I go into my account, the more requirements I find. I haven't tried a 3rd party certificate, but I do have both the 3rd party developer and installer certificates. I haven't put them in because GMS2 options asks for the one I've been trying with. I'm worried that I'll mess up my account if I use 3rd party when it isn't so.
Thus far, I can't get a compile that will show me the bit type —unless I'm looking in the wrong places...

Last edited: