• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GM6+ games on Windows 10?

Carnivius

Did anyone ever find a way to run ancient Game Maker made games (like those made in Game Maker 4 and 5) on a modern Windows 10 PC? There's a few I'd like to be able to play again. :)

Did you give them a try? They run fine on my Win10 Laptop. I've got Ark22 (GM 4-5?) installed.
I've even got GM5, and I can run the samples that came with it.

I had tried older GM versions, and they were working fine.

Carnivius

Did you give them a try? They run fine on my Win10 Laptop. I've got Ark22 (GM 4-5?) installed.
I've even got GM5, and I can run the samples that came with it.

I had tried older GM versions, and they were working fine.
youre right. i think i meant GM6. When the graphics system all changed, Sorry I'm an idiot.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
General guidelines regarding legacy GM games for Windows 10 compatibility:
  • 5.3A and below still work perfectly.
  • 6.0-6.1 will crash unless converted using the tool at the bottom of this page.
  • 7.0-8.1 should still mostly work, though there is a risk of audio-related crashes.

Carnivius

General guidelines regarding legacy GM games for Windows 10 compatibility:
  • 5.3A and below still work perfectly.
  • 6.0-6.1 will crash unless converted using the tool at the bottom of this page.
  • 7.0-8.1 should still mostly work, though there is a risk of audio-related crashes.
:O Thank you. That converter is EXACTLY the sort of thing I was hoping for. I just tried it now on a game and it worked! :D
Mods can close this if they like. Sorry again that I put the wrong GM version numbers at top originally. I thought I was dealing with GM5 games but it was indeed GM6. :)