• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Need Fade Help

G

Guyon

Included is a very small zip of my program. I want the title screen (obj_splash) to fade in and then out with GML. Then go to the next room for the actual game. Can you look at my code and see what I did worng?

Extra points for explainig how to move the obj_char1 from off the screen to the left side like the visual novel games.

I will never use the spr_title again so should it be destroyed, or will it free the memory when you go to the next room?

Game here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cixsamtu7idxg5s/The Trap.zip?dl=0

O

Odlaw

If you want help it's better if you supply the code here instead of making people look for it. Everything in a room is cleared from memory after changing rooms unless their persistent.

G

Guyon

Thanks Odlaw. Acually my code was broke anyway. So can i get some help on fading in a title screen object/ sprite in GML? or room with the sprite title screen in it? either works.

Toque

If you google “gamemaker fade in” there are videos about it. Fading in out rooms. Room transitions.