Windows ProjectSpend - Game Project Budget Tracker

Bulletech

Over the past while now I have been using GameMaker to develop a small number of free Windows/Web apps for my own fun/learning and to help myself as well as other indie game[maker] developers. I'm now at the point where I'd like to share them with everyone and get some feedback.

ProjectSpend is a project budget tracker built with GameMaker Studio 2 for Windows that helps you manage your expenses throughout the lifecycle of your game development. This app makes it quick and easy to track your progress on your project by setting budgets, managing your spend, and viewing your timeline in a simple visual overview. With no fuss to set up, simply set a start date and release date, a project budget and add expense categories that can have their own budgets, then start adding expenses as you go!

Check it out by clicking here
(Currently in Beta so any feedback is appreciated)

Last edited:

Greenwitch

Great work! If I could suggest, you should highly consider putting this under HTML5 instead of Windows, to let everyone independent of their system type able to access this, and especially utility stuff like this would make a lot more sense to be accessed through a phone, chromebook, etc. You could gain a lot more users as well this way.

HighlandCoo

Its a really great idea, and a great learning experience to code and create it. But, I worry that there are already hundreds of budget management tools out there. What is unique about this one? Or is this just a personal project?

Bulletech

Thanks @Greenwitch for the feedback and a good point, HTML5 is definitely doable but would require a bit of tweaking/changes..I'll give it some thought

Thanks @HighlandCoo it's been great in trying something different building these apps and have definitely learnt from it. You're not wrong about there being a lot of budget tools out there, this is mainly a personal project and thats part of the reason it's free but I guess what makes mine different is that it's not trying to do everything, it's simple, no fuss, and although that makes it not as appealing or fully-featured as others out there i think it's kind of endearing to keep it small scoped and do one thing well..definitely not expecting hundreds of downloads haha