• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GMS2 Not running... at all

D

DannyD

Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum.
I bought GMS2 (Desktop version) yesterday on Steam, install on Steam but not running at all.
(See attached Pic)

I've tried on 2 different laptops (My everyday use laptop Windows 7) and my MSI game development Laptop (Windows 10).

It's been "Installing" like this for the past 13 hours...
When the progress bar show full installation, it just restart and start downloading again.
I've check firewall, internet connection, everything works fine, and nothing is blocked.

Please advice

D

DannyD

I did attached, but might be removed. It said "Your post contains links, it will have to be approved by a moderator" So maybe they delete it

I attached it again, but keep saying "there is a problem uploading your file" Jpeg format, 88kb.. don't know why

curato

could be something odd with steam. I would try linking your steam account to your yoyo account and downloading it straight from them.

D

DannyD

My yoyo account is linked with my Steam account, But in YoYo Account Dashboard it show "NO PURCHASE HISTORY". I will try unlink and relink

D

DannyD

Ive downloaded the core and other runtimse as suggested in the help. Copy to the fodlers specified.... programdata/.../downloads but still no luck.... just keep installing.... and nothing else happen

D

DannyD

Ok, I just lost it completely.
In my 28 years of professional software developing, capable of more than 11 languages from assembly, , mainframe, PC, Windows, IOs, Linux, Unix...etc... I never ever had to struggle more than 24 hrs to install a freaken piece of software.
Bye Bye GMS2.....

curato

I really don't think this is a gamemaker specific issue. I never had any issues installing. I would look at issues specific to an install hanging like antivirus or shadow copy being turned on. if that fails try to use msconfig to do a boot with minimal services running see if one of those is interfering with the install.

Greenwitch

Try using the non steam version by downloading it from yoyo's website, might be something to do with that, worth a try. I think nobody here really uses the Steam version, nobody wants another layer of DRM and complexity just to get to work. They mostly just buy it from Steam to get a discount, then link the account to download the standard non steam one.