• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Chances of GM2 becoming available for Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lonewolff

Good god, @elsi11 came back. That was quick. Having a 'hissy fit' about not having a product that was never created in the first place.

DBenji

A kid with principles would now refund the program, and go use the pirated version. Because if you can't be bothered to get money thrown at you, and your community readily makes (absolutely weak) excuses in your stead, then maybe you don't deserve it. If we top that off with the overly aggressive DRM that just hurts the customer, it is all clear. Tears should not be shed for evil corporations that only look how to exploit users and make money. They should be boycotted and their products not payed for. Exact same thing with games which use Denuvo as an anti-piracy measure. Not only does it not work, it makes everything worse. If you have no respect for your customers, then you do not deserve any in return.

That being said, and since there is no way to delete my account, I ask the admins to delete it under the GDPR law or whatver.
I want nothing to do with you guys anymore.
And that confirms all my suspicions. Your demeanor is that of a typical entitled steam customer who believes developers owe him anything he demands. YYG don't owe you anything. You bought the license knowing full well it wouldn't work on linux, and now you are giving a tantrum demanding they expend precious time and resources to your meager cause. Maybe I could dismiss some of your behavior as childish ignorance, but given your apparent age (24) and your intellect - I find it hard not to see this as willful ignorance you're choosing to adopt simply because you can't handle criticism.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay, okay.... I think this thread has run it's course. Guys, if one member wants to be immature about things then that's not an excuse for you all to do the same. We're better than that... ;)

As for the topic in hand, it's been made clear that a Linux version of the IDE is not only financially a no-win situation, but it's also a drain on resources - especially given the way linux distros can be customised and the support nightmare that involves - and those resources are better spent elsewhere, like improving GMS2 for the 97% that don't use (nor have interest in) linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.