Switching Player Objects [SOLVED]

Nifrinion

Hello! I wanted my character to have different forms that they could switch between, but I don't know where to start. How do I switch the players object in and out? Thanks

Currently a global variable keeping track of the form value and a button to move the value up or down.

S

spoonsinbunnies

instance_change is the comand your looking for I would guess, and anything you wouldn't want to change like the health getting maxed you would set in the create event which you can make not happen with instance_change, hope this helps you understand how

O

Old School Ben

I am doing something similar in my game but I'm using Enums instead of a global variable.

Basically you could make an "if" statement that dictates the behavior of your object based on the value of your global variable (in my case, the enum value).

You can set a button press or a case, something to change between the object's state.

curato

yeah you can swap instances and use global variables if your forms have major changes in function, but if they are really similar like Mario and Super Mario then you could just change the sprites and be done as well.

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Glad to hear, Nifrinion! $:^ ]

Welcome to the GMC. Now that the issue has been solved, you might want to edit your first post to add [SOLVED] to the title.

Cheers!