• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request LF Programmer to help me finish an HTML5 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy,

I'm looking for a programmer to help me finish an puzzle game (HTML5) that I've been working on. I have GMS1 and GMS2 (whatever you prefer is fine.) I've done much of the "design work" but I'm completely stuck on how to program it. Basically, I'm trying to create the "Cracker Barrel Peg Game" on a diamond-shaped grid. I've purchased "Grids" from the Marketplace to do most of the heavy lifting (but I still couldn't figure it out.)

About the project...

• The characters are (public domain) frogs. They have "idle" and "jump" animations, and come in two sizes - for large (HD) displays, and small-screen devices.
  • I'm still looking for a nice tile-set, and lilypads.
  • I've found some nice "ambient" background music (birds for day-time, crickets for night-time) and a gentle looping background track.
  • I've also looked into some Marketplace extensions for "juicy" effects, such as schools of fish, fireflies (at night) and butterflies (during the day.)
  • This game will work in portrait/landscape orientations (by centering the game-play area in the room.) I believe Room Dog will help us accomplish that.
  • I have 15 levels designed in Google Sheets already. My goal is to have 20-30 in the "final product."
    • To add some variation/re-playability the grid could be mirrored horizontally/vertically before the sprites are drawn.
  • The "solution" to each level is mapped out (step-by-step) in a Google Sheet.
    • If the player gets stuck: There could be a HINT button (which is free to use once and can be used additional times by watching a video advertisement.)
  • I know that it's possible to import levels from Notepad.
    • I wonder if it's possible to import levels from Google Sheets? If so, we could easily add new levels over time.

Who I'm looking for...

Bare-minimum: I'm looking for a programmer to help me build the "toy." Best-case scenario would be a programmer who's equally excited about the project - and would like to help me with some of the "higher level" concepts (loading levels from Google Sheets, hints, etc.) I'd be happy to offer you a 50/50 revenue-share if you'd like to partner-up with me on this... My plan is to sell licenses to HTML5 game publishers. If you're in the HTML5 market: You are free to do the same thing. Feel free to comment below, private message me, or email [email protected]. Thanks in advance!

PS: A title hasn't come to me yet. Conversationally I've been calling this "Leap Frog" but something less corny will become apparent while we work.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.