• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

I encounter a problem of scrambled text with multiglyphs font (Hindi, Nepal, etc)

Duduan

As the image shown, the GMS can't put the multiglyph order properly. How to fix this?

Additional note:
1. It happens in all multiglyph font (Burmese, Nepal, Hindi, etc).
2. It doesn't happen in alphabet font.
3. I have tried several fonts (.ttf) with many kind of file size (from 100kb to 1mb). All of them has the same result.
4. If I just copy the correct text and raw-paste into the code board, it also scrambled.

More list of drawing improperly. Just copy and paste(raw) the example text on them. ट्विटर

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
File a bug report and include a link to the project if you can. GMS2 support for non roman-characters is a bit lacking, but being improved steadily... The latest 2.2.3 beta has extended the string handling to accept 4 byte wide Unicode characters, for example, which helps with non-roman fonts and text.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
File a bug report and include a link to the project if you can. GMS2 support for non roman-characters is a bit lacking, but being improved steadily... The latest 2.2.3 beta has extended the string handling to accept 4 byte wide Unicode characters, for example, which helps with non-roman fonts and text.
Adding support for 4-byte characters does squat to address what the original poster is asking about. Brahmic scripts already fall well under the previous 3-byte Unicode range, the issue with them in GM over the past decade is the incorrect placement of the glyphs according to CTL. A similar issue with Arabic has also been reported multiple times on Mantis, except that also adds right-to-left into the mix.

Can someone at the YoYo office please read these articles to get a sense of what they're up against:
If this means putting a native text-rendering library like DirectWrite, Freetype or Harfbuzz into the engine, please consider these options as open this time around. The current texture-based font system is not king anywhere internationalization is involved.

I can help file a batch of tickets on font rendering in an international context, but only if YoYo has plans to continue working on it over 2.2.3 or another near-term release.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Adding support for 4-byte characters does squat to address what the original poster is asking about.
I never said it did. I said it was part of the first steps in improved support for non-roman fonts. I did not say anything about it helping this user specifically with his issue, and DID actually tell them to file a bug report. I'd really appreciate it if you'd just calm down a bit and stop trying to take advantage to use anything I say as a means of banging your own drum for your own pet peeves, and in the process derailing the topics you post in... If you have something to add that can help the user, then by all means say it, but using the topic to complain about something we all know you love to complain about already, does not help the OP in any way and does not do anything to get these issues addressed. Please keep in mind that I simply WRITE THE DOCUMENTATION and as such can only communicate what I'VE BEEN TOLD. I am NOT a programmer of the the runtimes nor of the IDE and have ZERO say in what gets done. So, please, file helpdesk tickets with YYG and leave me alone.

Duduan

I have submit a report on June. And I just send it again in the last August, with the project. I hope there is a feedback and they fix this issue soon.
Thank you for your advice.

rIKmAN

I have submit a report on June. And I just send it again in the last August, with the project. I hope there is a feedback and they fix this issue soon.
Thank you for your advice.
Did you get any response to the tickets you submitted?

They usually reply saying it’s been passed on for discussion, or that it’s been added to Mantis so you can track the progress of the bug/feature via its ticket number.

If not, login to the help desk and update your existing ticket asking if there has been any progress.

Duduan

Did you get any response to the tickets you submitted?

They usually reply saying it’s been passed on for discussion, or that it’s been added to Mantis so you can track the progress of the bug/feature via its ticket number.

If not, login to the help desk and update your existing ticket asking if there has been any progress.
I only get the ticket. And the email say: "One of our Customer Service Technicians will be with you as soon as possible."

rIKmAN

I only get the ticket. And the email say: "One of our Customer Service Technicians will be with you as soon as possible."
Oh, that means they haven't got round to dealing with it one way or the other unfortunately.

No reply to a ticket filed in June is pretty poor though, that's ~3mths ago depending on the date it was submitted.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
@Duduan : Please re-file your bug report and ensure that you verify your email address with the support center. We have no tickets that old waiting to be addressed, which would suggest that when you previously filed it, you didn't verify the email correctly (or at all).

funkygallo

@Duduan : Please re-file your bug report and ensure that you verify your email address with the support center. We have no tickets that old waiting to be addressed, which would suggest that when you previously filed it, you didn't verify the email correctly (or at all).
[OT] man any news ?[/OT]

Duduan

[OT] man any news ?[/OT]
Hi, I just get the reply today. It says:
"Thank you for reporting this. I have now confirmed that we do not support these types of texts. I have added it into our feature request backlog and hopefully it will be looked into soon by development staff. ..."

To be honest, I feel disappointed. But, let's give the Dev time and let's pray they will fix this issue.

After years is there any update on this issue because I am facing the same thing. Gamemaker IDE is not drawing the Hindi letters properly and hence on runtime it is messed up too.
Edit: I just tested on GM 1.4 and everything is being drawn correctly. What's wrong with GM 2?

Last edited: