• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Problems with Uploading/Signing Android App Update

I've uploaded a internal test version of my Android game and was trying to upload an update and I keep running into this error.

I have enrolled in the Google App signing and the error it keeps telling me is that my apk is not signed with the "Upload Certificate". But I don't see anywhere to add the SHA-1 code to sign my app. When I made the updated version in GMS2, I did re create the keystore and I still get the same error.

Here is what the error is saying.

Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is not signed with the upload certificate. You must use the same certificate. The upload certificate has fingerprint:
[ SHA1: *********** ]
and the certificate used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint:
[ SHA1: *********** ]

So how to I sign my apk with the Upload Certificate?

You must use the same certificate(keystore) that used in first version
Not according to the help on GameMaker Studio 2. at https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...-Android-Using-The-Google-Licencing-Extension

Because here it says:

"IMPORTANT! When you opt in to the Google Licencing, you will need to sign each app with a UNIQUE KEYSTORE. This is a security measure implemented by Google as part of the licencing system."

That is what is confusing me, as I'm using a unique keystore.

pipebkOT

Yeah you are using a unique keystore. But as ommn says it have to be the same that you used to sign your first APK.

Keystores take the "date when they were created" into acount , thats why every time that you generate a keystore it will have a different hash. Even if they have the same information. The date stored in it will be different

Yeah you are using a unique keystore. But as ommn says it have to be the same that you used to sign your first APK.

Keystores take the "date when they were created" into acount , thats why every time that you generate a keystore it will have a different hash. Even if they have the same information. The date stored in it will be different
The implication I got from reading the help was that I needed to generate a new keystore file for each build/update. So it looks like I might just need to create a new app listing on Google Play, since it's only in the Alpha stage anyway. And possibly not enroll in the App Signing by Google.