opinion on baked beans?

L

Lonewolff

Misty tells me they cure cancer, while poisoning you at the same time. So it kind of cancels itself out to be like any other food.

L

Lonewolff

@Nocturne, I must admit that is a good combo there.

My concoction from back in the day was to do a similar thing but roll it up into pita bread with stacks of cheese and baked beans and then throw into the microwave for a minute or so. Grab a knife and fork and dig in to the beast!

woodsmoke

I like to add some cream and a pinch of salt (and sometimes also Heinz ketchup or dried oregano) to pimp the sauce when I heat it up out of the tin can.

Mert

In Turkey, only the people who have no time buy the canned beans. Almost everybody prepares it in home with organic beans. No sugar, no preservatives, no "sugary tomate sauce".
Usually and traditionally eaten with rice and "diced cucumber, garlic and mint in yoghurt" (i.e : Greek tzatziki)

W

Walky

This is the only bean-related thing I like:

Well.. Mr. Bean is OK, too.

S

sofaspartan

I enjoy baked beans! The only kind of legumes that I hate with a fiery passion are lima beans.

MilkMan5x

Frankly I had no chance to try out the real baked beans, Aside from some side dish that I had one time that is 100% deffo out-of-the-can species, Which were.. a bit watery and flavorless.
I assume the genuine baked beans tastes like beans swimming around in a tomato sauce / soup?