• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android How to Block Message Alerts on Android

J

JayR

I have an Android game similar in genre to the Flabby Bird.

How do I block new message (from sms / whatsapp) alerts from appearing at the top of the game when someone messages me? You can swipe to remove it but if messages keep coming in consistently it can be a big headache. Any help?

Depending on your phone model and android version, but generally it's something like this : PHONE SETTINGS --> NOTIFICATIONS & STATUS BAR --> APP NOTIFICATIONS . From here, on it's up to you which App you wish to stop from showing messages; e.g. WA, then choose it, after that, MESSAGES --> untick which notifications you want to stop from showing.

J

JayR

Depending on your phone model and android version, but generally it's something like this : PHONE SETTINGS --> NOTIFICATIONS & STATUS BAR --> APP NOTIFICATIONS . From here, on it's up to you which App you wish to stop from showing messages; e.g. WA, then choose it, after that, MESSAGES --> untick which notifications you want to stop from showing.
No other way? Is it possible that the game turns the 'Do Not Disturb' setting on when the game starts and back to the default user settings when the game exits?