• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Google Play Services Demo - Fatal Error on Mac

J

Journeyman2475

Getting the errors after installing Google Play Services and trying to test on Android:

[Fatal Error] :48:200: Element type "meta-data" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Exception while parsing the supplied manifest file /Users/jm/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/Tumble_Wre_477CA128_43185225/Android/default/com.gzi.twg/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml
> Element type "meta-data" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

Using Mac & beta IDE V2.2.3.437 & Beta Runtime v2.2.3.345, per Marketplace instructions when downloading.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Journeyman2475

In the AndroidManifest.xml - The line in question seems to be:

line 45:
<meta-data\u000a\u000d android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AD_MANAGER_APP"\u000a\u000d android:value="true"/>

Any ideas on how to fix this?

J

Journeyman2475

Would the Google Play Services extension which injects into the gradle manifest cause a failure in the AndroidManifest.xml? Line below with misplaced backspaces and characters extracted from my AndroidManifest.xml:
<meta-data\u000a\u000d android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AD_MANAGER_APP"\u000a\u000d android:value="true"/>

Is there anything on my end that I can do to fix this?

Note: Also, if I remove Google Play Services my game builds and plays just fine on Android, iOS, macOS and Amazon in both VM & YYC.

Last edited by a moderator:

chirpy

Have you checked the Google Play Services extension's properties to see if the \u000a\u000d went into any of the "Inject to AndroidManifest.xml" sections? It may need to be removed manually due to encoding issues from external source control tools etc.

J

Journeyman2475

Thanks chirpy, I tried to manually repair the AndroidManifest.xml, but it just gets overwritten every time I run the game.

I'm at a loss to even know where to start looking for Google Play Services properties. My game crashes just with the extension being available, even if the Google Play Services scripts are not called or its objects are in the room.

I saw online that /u000a/u000d are carriage return and line feed in unicode. Perhaps the CR-LF pairs for hard line breaks are not being processed properly somewhere. I will keep searching. Any other advice is appreciated.

J

Journeyman2475

Still having this problem. I am done with my app and would like to publish it by the end of September. Everything is working fine except for this Google Play Services failure. I need to be able to monetize my app.

[Fatal Error] :48:200: Element type "meta-data" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Exception while parsing the supplied manifest file /Users/jm/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/Tumble_Wre_477CA128_43185225/Android/default/com.gzi.twg/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml
> Element type "meta-data" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

B

Babaganosch

I have the same exact problem, so it's not only just you. I've been using IDE v2.2.4.451 with runtime v2.2.4.357. I have also tried earlier runtime versions with no success. Would love some help!

My setup is a macOS Mojave, v10.14.6